England v Bulgaria/England v Kosovo

andykeenan

I genuinely thought that Sterling was overrated for quite a long time, but bloody hell the last 18 months have shown that he really is world class. 

Rice and Barkley have been poor.

Rice, Barkley and Keane shouldn't be near the starting XI. I'll give Rice a pass because there aren't too many holding midfielders. Mount/Maddison/Grealish are all currently better than Barkley, one of whom is keeping him out of his club side ffs.

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I haven't been concentrating too much (as the match was relegated to the laptop whilst the bake off took centre stage); but for a game where we've scored 5 times you don't exactly get the feeling England are in any real sort of control - sorta helps that we've got two teams totally committed to throwing numbers forward and we're better on the break.

And Ross Barkley, what's he for exactly?  He sorta moves the ball along nicely and had that driving run that resulted in a penalty that was totally the correct decision.  But is he just a slightly bulkier and more energetic version of Ashley Westwood?

Also glad to see the idea of simply dumping more defensive midfielders into the centre of the park fixed that issue we had in the World Cup /s

Â