Cameron Archer

Zatman

Why not play him in the ECL games, all Cup games, and the here and there sub in the league. Surely he'll score goals (especially ECL) and his value will go up even more and then either look to sign another striker in the winter or we cash in the following summer. 

I can't think of anyone paying more then 15mill for him and at that price - can we sign anyone better? We have money yes, but this close to the season starting and our lack of striker depth, along with my personal bias toward Archer, I'd rather keep him... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

Needs to be starting regularly at his age to fully develop and won’t happen here … still think he’ll be sold if we get someone else in for the attacking 3rd. 

Its a strange one but links have dried up to another attacker. I think he will get a few in the Conference League for example and take pressure off Ollie in that tournament

Play hardball for at least £20m imo. Liverpool got more than that for both Solanke and Brewster and they was years ago. Prices have gone up since then. The kid is a proven goalscorer! 

• Like 2

I’m not surprised we are open to sell, and why would be always thought we’d get another forward in. Just don’t think Emery is a fan. I think £12m is far too low though. He’s done a lot more in his last 2 loans than Ramsey and Chukumeka ever did. Goal scorers cost money and we should be looking at £20m +

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I think archer sale would be a mistake tbh. But i dont think emery rates him. As much aa i like archer i trust emeey so if this is what he wants unai gets my backing 

Archer is brilliant off the shoulder and a great finisher but the rest of his game isn’t good enough imo. I really like him and will be sad to see him leave but there isn’t any sentiment in football. 

Just now, WHY said:

Play hardball for at least £20m imo. Liverpool got more than that for both Solanke and Brewster and they was years ago. Prices have gone up since then. The kid is a proven goalscorer! 

You could be right with add ons. I don’t think £20m would be a bad deal at all and I would trust Emery to replace him.

Im not sure it's a case of Emery not rating him, it's probably more that he doesn't fit his/our system.

Watkins is perfect for it because he moves laterally and drops deep to create space for others. Archer reminds me of Defoe - he's a very good finisher and is more than capable of running onto a through ball, but isn't particularly intelligent (for want of a better word) in his build up play, which is what we need.

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Doesn't shock me that we're willing to sell Archer. Don't think Unai really fancies him given his lack of game time in pre-season.

Yep, as a few of us previously posted. The Valencia game was a bit of a nail in the coffin for Cam’s immediate Villa career - 10 mins at the end when our only senior striker was playing from the start, says it all in regards to Unai’s thoughts on him. 
Clear that we’re open to selling him but I guess the price would need to be right from an FFP perspective so we can sign his replacement who I suspect would’ve more similar to OW in profile. 

5 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Looks like Akpom is leaving Boro in the next few days, so we can expect strong interest from them.

Valuation on Archer? £12-15m?

Just to put £15m in perspective, according to our last financial accounts the total revenue from ticket sales (including season holders) is about £16m.

• Like 2

Just now, WHY said:

Archer is brilliant off the shoulder and a great finisher but the rest of his game isn’t good enough imo. I really like him and will be sad to see him leave but there isn’t any sentiment in 

Id have liked to have seen him given at least ubtil January to see if he can make it.

I think boro have made a really good bod hence why we are thinking to sell

If we get 20m for archer 

14m a ramsey thats 34m pure profit for ffp

Â