Cameron Archer

Zatman

Extremely disappointed he's being sent out again instead of being given a chance as #3 striker. 

2 is not enough to see out the season with, notwithstanding the fact that neither are good enough. We must be buying another forward...

• Like 1

On 04/01/2023 at 17:05, est1874 said:

Extremely disappointed he's being sent out again instead of being given a chance as #3 striker. 

2 is not enough to see out the season with, notwithstanding the fact that neither are good enough. We must be buying another forward...

I think Ings is proving time and again that he's more than good enough. His return is excellent for the mins he's played (6 PL goals in 8.4 games played).

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

I think Ings is proving time and again that he's more than good enough. His return is excellent for the mins he's played (6 PL goals in 8.4 games played).

He's a good finisher, particularly against well-matched or lesser sides, but his lack of pace means we are massively exposed against stronger teams and he virtually disappears.

I rate him as a backup but not at all as a first team starting option.

10 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Hopefully he gets them promoted then we can loan him out to them in the PL next season

This would be ideal. If not, he needs to go out on loan again next season and keep scoring goals and playing football at a good level. No need to rush him back here. If he is out on loan until he's 23, that's fine. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

good move, should have gone at the start of the season. We cant afford to give him the game time, he needs to be playing and starting at his age.

Should have been on loan for the whole season I agree

Balogun went on loan to Middlesbrough for the second half of last season, didn't do as well as Archer did at Preston, but is now amongst the top scorers in Ligue Un, only Mbappé and Neymar have scored more.

• Shocked 1

On 06/01/2023 at 11:59, Delphinho123 said:

No need to rush him back here. If he is out on loan until he's 23, that's fine. 

Not according to Purslow. He said that the youth system at the club was broken if prospects were being loaned out in their early 20s. At that point they should be challenging for a first team place. 

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Not according to Purslow. He said that the youth system at the club was broken if prospects were being loaned out in their early 20s. At that point they should be challenging for a first team place. 

I think he said that it would be broken if our u23s team was full of 21 and 22 year olds.  And so far we see at least half of the u21s tends to be 16 ,17 and 18 years old with some of the best 19 and 20 year olds out on loan. 

Working pefectly i would say

• Like 2

Â