Cameron Archer

Zatman

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

As much as anything I think in here he shows the massive misconception over youngsters breaking through and waht should be expected of them

Most appearances in the PL for his age group, star of England's u19 team, one of the youngest players on the golden boy list, signed for £20m by a better team than us... But to some here he's shit because they judge him to have done **** all in a 10 minute sub appearance at 18 years old

The significance of an 18 year old even playing in the PL is lost on them, there are hardly any

Not sure many people are saying he's ****.  Just that he'd not done enough to justify the "regular role" that he appeared to be demanding.  In my opinion I think his team knew that he was unlikely to be making a lot of appearances this year and were just using it as an excuse to not sign whilst they tried to do a deal with one of the big teams.  I don't think there's much more we could realistically have done to persuade him to stay (well not unless we'd signed UE six months earlier).  But going back I agree with @useless that if Chuk was still here then Archer would probably have gone on loan and the "emergence" of Archer was used as a cover to lessen the blow.

Interesting thing watching the Man Utd game is that role Buendia played isn't too dissimilar to the role that Aaron Ramsey has been playing for Norwich, the role that Bailey played was similar to how Archer was playing for Preston last season, Iroegbunam can play en un doble pivote, so seems we've to players coming through well suited to Emery's system.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, allani said:

Not sure many people are saying he's ****.  Just that he'd not done enough to justify the "regular role" that he appeared to be demanding.  In my opinion I think his team knew that he was unlikely to be making a lot of appearances this year and were just using it as an excuse to not sign whilst they tried to do a deal with one of the big teams.  I don't think there's much more we could realistically have done to persuade him to stay (well not unless we'd signed UE six months earlier).  But going back I agree with @useless that if Chuk was still here then Archer would probably have gone on loan and the "emergence" of Archer was used as a cover to lessen the blow.

Oh yeah he's gone and got a sky 6 team on his CV, villa couldn't have done anything else

I'm not so sure on the loan though, we looked like we were going in to the season with 2 up top, Gerrard then abandoned it or even worse played Bailey out of position rather than archer

The Bolton game sums it up, started 2 up top but it was ings and Watkins, 70th minute Bailey comes on for  watkins, 80th minute archer comes on for Ings

Us keeping him here makes sense, us not playing him doesn't and we all know where the blame lies

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, useless said:

Interesting thing watching the Man Utd game is that role Buendia played isn't too dissimilar to the role that Aaron Ramsey has been playing for Norwich, the role that Bailey played was similar to how Archer was playing for Preston last season, Iroegbunam can play en un doble pivote, so seems we've to players coming through well suited to Emery's system.

I think those players will massively benefit from having him coaching them too.  It is the argument for keeping Archer in Jan rather than loaning him.  Just training with UE is likely to help him develop some extra facets to his game.

• Like 1

You really love to see young footballers off the back of incredible 6 months playing every week, scoring goals, high on confidence and really ready to kick not play for 6 months.

Congratulations to all involved.

Highlight of the season was when we played those giants Bolton and he nearly started. Such brave management.

We really showed that day to all the youngsters there is a pathway.

Edited by rodders0223

he does need to go out on loan, we have quite literally wasted 6 months of his development.

disgusting tbh, i thought we were past wasting our young players development opportunities.

not sure if Gerrards fault?, probably.......😆

35 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

he does need to go out on loan, we have quite literally wasted 6 months of his development.

disgusting tbh, i thought we were past wasting our young players development opportunities.

not sure if Gerrards fault?, probably.......😆

Have we really though? Being in and around the squad on a daily basis, training with them, being there on match days,  etc., etc... is all a massive step up and part of learning and development.

Hardly "disgusting" and a waste of development opportunities. 

• Like 1

Â