Cameron Archer

Zatman

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Right now, as things stand, I don't think he is our third striking option. I think he's behind Davis.

I don't think Davis is in the picture anymore.

I think and hope Archer will be part of the first team squad next season, pre season could determine it.

For me it's not about "can he do a job for us next season?" it's "can he do a better job for us next season than Watkins, Ings or a new top class striker?" I would rather see him continue to develop on loan next season and bring in a new top class striker to compete or replace Ings. He will no doubt continue to thrive on loan, maybe even in a lower Premier League club in a season's time. Until he is definitely better than what we have here already I would rather see him develop as quickly as possible and that will happen by playing every week on loan, not sitting on our bench!

48 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

For me it's not about "can he do a job for us next season?" it's "can he do a better job for us next season than Watkins, Ings or a new top class striker?" I would rather see him continue to develop on loan next season and bring in a new top class striker to compete or replace Ings. He will no doubt continue to thrive on loan, maybe even in a lower Premier League club in a season's time. Until he is definitely better than what we have here already I would rather see him develop as quickly as possible and that will happen by playing every week on loan, not sitting on our bench!

I think we have to be careful here......is he going to be better than the Ollie or Danny we know, they are capable of?......... or is he going to be better than the Ollie and Danny of last season.

Ollie scored 11, Danny scored 7.

I don't think from what I have seen from Cam, that exceeding that record is beyond him.....I think he has the ability to lose his markers and has a clinical finish....so being out muscled, might not be such an issue.

I can see a case for both views, so I will be happy whatever SG chooses to do.......but I trust Cam to make a mark, with the first team, given the opportunity.

• Like 2

I think personally I would get him on a half season loan deal with a view to getting him back in Jan, let him build on last year and recent england performances and then let him go in the prem

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

What, 21 is still very young for a striker. Plenty of players still get loaned out at this age. Tammy Abraham for example.

The premier league is a completely different beast. We still have no idea whether he is good enough at this stage to even be a great impact sub. Its very difficult to make your mark on the game when you're given 5-10 mins at the end of every couple of games. Just ask Keinan Davis.

Yes Chelsea can afford to loan out players top other Premier League clubs. I see greater potential as a goal scorer in Archer than I ever did with Davis. Let him have his chance here.

• Like 3

If they are good enough they are old enough. Look at Haaland, he is only 18 months older than Cameron. He hasn't spent the last year out on loan at a lower league, he has been ripping it up in the Bundesliga and the CL. I am not suggesting Archer is as good as Haaland but it shows that age should not be the factor to stop u playing at the highest level. Bellingham is 18 months younger than Archer.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

If they are good enough they are old enough. Look at Haaland, he is only 18 months older than Cameron. He hasn't spent the last year out on loan at a lower league, he has been ripping it up in the Bundesliga and the CL. I am not suggesting Archer is as good as Haaland but it shows that age should not be the factor to stop u playing at the highest level. Bellingham is 18 months younger than Archer.

Yes you have to give young players the opportunity. Loan deal serves no purpose now. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Comparing Archer to Haaland and Bellingham lol 

38 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Comparing Archer to Haaland and Bellingham lol 

Not reading the comment or deliberately trying to twist what I posted to gain attention is even funnier...'I am not suggesting Archer is as good as Haaland'. Are u able to understand the age comparisons? 

• Like 1

Losing 2-0 now, no idea why they brought Ramsey off, looked England's best player and the most likely to score, whereas Gibbs-White and Smith Rowe have been poor, Elliot should have replaced one of those two.

12 hours ago, TRO said:

I think we have to be careful here......is he going to be better than the Ollie or Danny we know, they are capable of?......... or is he going to be better than the Ollie and Danny of last season.

Ollie scored 11, Danny scored 7.

I don't think from what I have seen from Cam, that exceeding that record is beyond him.....I think he has the ability to lose his markers and has a clinical finish....so being out muscled, might not be such an issue.

I can see a case for both views, so I will be happy whatever SG chooses to do.......but I trust Cam to make a mark, with the first team, given the opportunity.

From the little bits I have seen of him - he reads the game a lot better than Ollie does.  He seems to have the habit of attacking the space where the ball ends up - whereas Ollie seems to be more reactive.  This will always give him an edge on defenders even if they are physically bigger - he's not just looking to compete for the first ball, he's banking on finding himself a bit of space for the second ball or the cross that just evades the defender.

• Like 1

Â