Rugby World Cup 2019

mikeyp102

Just absolutely, massively gutted. It’s been an utterly **** minging game. 

I’m not sure how much is South Africa strangling us (their forwards have been unplayable) and how much is to do with our nerves/not turning up (our body language has been shocking - we’ve looked like beaten men) but we’re never going to shake the bottlers tag. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

This is a nation of weak willed bottle jobs when it comes to sport.

Couldn't agree more. 

How can you go and win so comfortably against the best team in the world in NZ (who easily beat SA in the group stages) and then go and lose like this in the final. We are the biggest bottle job of a nation going. Makes my blood boil.

(Exception to cricket of course, but even that was by the skin of our teeth) 

Just now, MCU said:

Couldn't agree more. 

How can you go and win so comfortably against the best team in the world in NZ (who easily beat SA in the group stages) and then go and lose like this in the final. We are the biggest bottle job of a nation going. Makes my blood boil.

(Exception to cricket of course, but even that was by the skin of our teeth) 

It's genetic. Total shambles in the Ashes this year, pathetic in the football world cup against Croatia. But we sure love to hand out prizes and accolades for failure. I'm sure this lot will be getting 'honoured' for getting to the final.

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

sometimes the other side just play better, why is everything binary - win or bottlejob loser scum?

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. SA monstered us but we didn’t do the basics right. England also have a history for undoubtedly bottling it. 

16 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Hard luck England but you can't win world cups with those handling errors and 850 years of oppression.

**** off with that shit. What a load of bollocks. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This is a nation of weak willed bottle jobs when it comes to sport.

What a load of shit. We smashed the kiwis last week and lost to the better team today, hardly bottled it coming second in the world cup. Ridiculous.

Â