Rugby World Cup 2019

mikeyp102

5 hours ago, JB said:

I’ve been strangely relaxed about this game all week. Maybe because we were so good against the All Blacks and SA have been so underwhelming so far but I’m never usually confident. The nerves have started to kick in tonight, though. It can’t be that straightforward, surely? 

I can’t see it being straight forward. We’ve seen this England team mess up grand slam opportunities in the last few years. 

Also whilst SA being underwhelming we know their pack will give us a hell of a game, plus the pace of their wingers means we have to keep our concentration switched fully on. 

• Like 1

My missues has just reminded me that she is taking her car in for a MOT at 09:00 and I'm meant to be following her down to the garage and bringing her back. .

She could do with some exercise anyway 😂

Huge 5-10 minutes after half time. If we don’t front up then we’re done. Have to say, as much as we’re being outmuscled, it also looks like we’re bottling it. So many misplaced passes and other basic errors. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah I mean I don’t understand the rules. I’m seeing penalties given both ways for what seemed like the same infringements.

He seems a stickler for the guy with the ball releasing it the minute he goes to ground. Been consistent so far with that on both sides. The SA no. 9 with the lovely hair, he should be in the bin though. Two deliberate fouls .

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

He seems a stickler for the guy with the ball releasing it the minute he goes to ground. Been consistent so far with that on both sides. The SA no. 9 with the lovely hair, he should be in the bin though. Two deliberate fouls .

He’s one of those horrible players to play against isn’t he. 

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah I mean I don’t understand the rules. I’m seeing penalties given both ways for what seemed like the same infringements.

Rugby can a difficult game to get into. It gets very messy when the ball is on the ground under a pile of players and a lot comes down to the refs interpretation. 

Â