Doing a Fulham

KentVillan

2 hours ago, Risso said:

I don't think we've done a Fulham, as the problem isn't too many players, it's the fact that we probably didn't buy enough, at least in the forward department.

For me its about the mix.

I'd have taken a second striker instead of Jota, Nakamba or El Ghazi.

7 hours ago, useless said:

Never mind doing a Fulham, chillingly this is the table after five games the season we got relegated.

We were o.k up to the second half of the infamous Leicester game which I think was fifth game of that season. Not great as you could see with Gestede leading the line goalscoring was going to be as hard as this year looks like it would be but not 17 point horrific bad either.

The wheels came off after that. We lost dismally 1-0 at home to West Brom after and I actually came on here afterwards and said we were getting relegated. We then lost at home to Stoke and Swansea in our next home games before Sherwood was fired.

That could be a little different. Last night would've been the sort of game in 15/16 we'd have lost 1-0 but we dug a point out and it all adds up after 38 games.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We were o.k up to the second half of the infamous Leicester game which I think was fifth game of that season. Not great as you could see with Gestede leading the line goalscoring was going to be as hard as this year looks like it would be but not 17 point horrific bad either.

The wheels came off after that. We lost dismally 1-0 at home to West Brom after and I actually came on here afterwards and said we were getting relegated. We then lost at home to Stoke and Swansea in our next home games before Sherwood was fired.

That could be a little different. Last night would've been the sort of game in 15/16 we'd have lost 1-0 but we dug a point out and it all adds up after 38 games.

Exactly thats what I was saying, if we didn’t lose to Leicester we could’ve been on 5-7 points by then, and Leicester wouldn’t  have won the league.

The amount of confidence Leicester had was huge, I remember them losing after that to Stoke by 2, to get a draw at the end.

We lost 4-5 games after Leicester by 1 goal, we even had our regular good performance at Anfield but without getting a result.

We even drew with City after that run (I could remember that as it was my only game in VP that season).

We had some issues, but with another circumstances we could have won 3-7 points from those 5 games which would have give us a good chance going into January.

We had some confidence back during January and had some good results against Leicester, Palace, Norwich and West Ham, but that was it. It was too late. 

Thats why I keep saying even draws and having clean sheets could just give us more confidence and build up a stability. Its not as easy as (draws aren’t good enough).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Exactly thats what I was saying, if we didn’t lose to Leicester we could’ve been on 5-7 points by then, and Leicester wouldn’t  have won the league.

The amount of confidence Leicester had was huge, I remember them losing after that to Stoke by 2, to get a draw at the end.

We lost 4-5 games after Leicester by 1 goal, we even had our regular good performance at Anfield but without getting a result.

We even drew with City after that run (I could remember that as it was my only game in VP that season).

We had some issues, but with another circumstances we could have won 3-7 points from those 5 games which would have give us a good chance going into January.

We had some confidence back during January and had some good results against Leicester, Palace, Norwich and West Ham, but that was it. It was too late. 

Thats why I keep saying even draws and having clean sheets could just give us more confidence and build up a stability. Its not as easy as (draws aren’t good enough).

off topic but **** me leicester really were handed that league title werent they. dont get me wrong they did well, but they didn't half have some jammy games. not in a month of sundays should they have beaten us in that game. 2-0, we could have shut up shop, overrun the midfield, and gotten at least a point...even that would've been a bad result. ill never forgive sherwood for that

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

off topic but **** me leicester really were handed that league title werent they. dont get me wrong they did well, but they didn't half have some jammy games. not in a month of sundays should they have beaten us in that game. 2-0, we could have shut up shop, overrun the midfield, and gotten at least a point...even that would've been a bad result. ill never forgive sherwood for that

The moment Hutton gifted them the corner, I knew the game was gone. But not the whole season to be honest.

Also that mistake from Amavi at Palace.

10 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Yeah I remember us starting quite brightly in a lot of games that season, especially in the first half but when we conceded we'd never look like scoring

6 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

The moment Hutton gifted them the corner, I knew the game was gone. But not the whole season to be honest.

Also that mistake from Amavi at Palace.

Amavi would be brilliant in this Villa team I reckon. He's a regular at Marseille and imagine having him and Gullibert as attacking full backs.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Amavi would be brilliant in this Villa team I reckon. He's a regular at Marseille and imagine having him and Gullibert as attacking full backs.

I’m sure he would. I wasn’t faulting him for relegation as he went injured. Just mentioned his mistake at Palace.

3 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Yeah I remember us starting quite brightly in a lot of games that season, especially in the first half but when we conceded we'd never look like scoring

That’s why being able to get points and have stability is more than important. Draws sometimes are really important. A draw and clean sheet against West Ham (whatever circumstances) is ok. As long as we build on it.

If we can get something out of Arsenal then thats more than great. After that we have 3 huge games. We should aim on 6-7 points. But in reality even 5 would be an ok return (ofcourse we then go to a tough run of 6 matches). Newcastle and Wolves would be a must wins, trying to get 2-3 from other games. The thing is we need points early on to play comfortably and force our way of playing. 

On 17/09/2019 at 19:44, Villan_of_oz said:

When did Fulham sack their manager? It was before Xmas I'm pretty sure. At that point there will be no relevant comparison to Fulham. Therefore this thread will become obsolete. 

Jokanovic got the sack after 12 Premier League games which a record of 1-2-9. Scoring 0.917 goals per game and conceding 2.583. Their main problem was their defense. I think ours will be significantly better.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hornso said:

Jokanovic got the sack after 12 Premier League games which a record of 1-2-9. Scoring 0.917 goals per game and conceding 2.583. Their main problem was their defense. I think ours will be significantly better.

So we are 1 point behind, with 7 matches to go. We are not, never were and never will be doing a Fulham. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz