Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Luiz is not a standard DM but he can play that role. To go away to Arsenal and not have an extra holding player on the bench is just brainless.

More of a box to box mid for me.

If anything, he should be slotting in when someone like McGinn is injured or suspended.

Haven't seen anything yet to suggest he is outstanding defensively or in attack.

More Steve Sidwell than Frank Lampard or (Insert top DM name here)

More of a traditional old CM, Jack of all trades master of none and all that.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

More of a box to box mid for me.

If anything, he should be slotting in when someone like McGinn is injured or suspended.

Haven't seen anything yet to suggest he is outstanding defensively or in attack.

More Steve Sidwell than Frank Lampard or (Insert top DM name here)

More of a traditional old CM, Jack of all trades master of none and all that.

I think regardless of what is his best position he has played as a DM before at Girona and given that was in La Liga he has played that role at a much higher level than someone like Hourihane. For me it was a totally brainless decision to leave him out of the squad.

On 23/09/2019 at 23:17, Tom13 said:

Nothing from Luiz's games so far suggests he's B2B for me. Looks a DM all day long.

Not sure where he sits tbh definitely not a DM or B2B.......a play maker maybe? perhaps its £15mil we could have spent better elsewhere?

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Why did Smith say it was for tactical reasons then?

Straight out lie then.

What did you expect him to say, "Douglas was out on the piss last night so I left him out of the squad. Apparently he put up photos of himself clubbing on social media".

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Bardell said on latest pod that he heard he was left out on disciplinary grounds. Had been out drinking and uploaded on social media apparently. Unsure how true

Even Bardell was unsure if it was true, he was very clear that he was only speculating on what he'd heard, nothing definitive at all so no point jumping to conclusions until we actually know one way or another

• Like 1

For me, Luiz has been our biggest disappointment so far. That's mainly because I  expected too much. Now, I don't really know what use he is, what role he should play...

Nakamba is a better DM, so why do we have Luiz? Instead of, say, a striker?

7 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

For me, Luiz has been our biggest disappointment so far. That's mainly because I  expected too much. Now, I don't really know what use he is, what role he should play...

Luiz appears to be more skillful than nakamba but nakamba currently has much better positioning. Hopefully we will develop that and he will be able to start or play with our team. If we lose mcginn as well he will be an alright replacement as well who already knows our system. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Luiz appears to be more skillful than nakamba but nakamba currently has much better positioning. Hopefully we will develop that and he will be able to start or play with our team. If we lose mcginn as well he will be an alright replacement as well who already knows our system. 

i think Nakamba, Luiz and McGinn might be our best central 3, with Trez and Grealish as inside forwards/free inside/outside roles.

Not sure it will happen though, Grealish wont be moved from central, and Deano wouldnt do it i dont think.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

He isn't a dm in the first place.

I hope we will see him play further up the pitch.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i think Nakamba, Luiz and McGinn might be our best central 3, with Trez and Grealish as inside forwards/free inside/outside roles.

Not sure it will happen though, Grealish wont be moved from central, and Deano wouldnt do it i dont think.

I think we will be a lot stronger if mcginn starts off attacks a lot deeper as the gives more options for passes and let's him more easily bring the ball up. This will make us stronger defensively. On top of that an earlier substitution for him at about 65-75 minutes where he is blowing chunks and bringing on hourihane or nakamba/Luiz depending on whether we are winning or losing. 

Â