Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

And I wouldn't say it's his focus that's going, but he's been less of a presence in quite a few games now this season IMO. Compared to the tenacious figure he became when Emery joined anyway. His technical ability and intelligence is never in question.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Who said anything about that's what is causing him to lose focus? If they did I missed that part of the convo. And I didn't say you couldn't argue with it, I said you can't argue with the numbers he's putting up, in a good way, ffs.

Well read the original post I responded to then before getting into a back and forth, because the original post was about him being better when he was single. Hence why I took exception to to it.

And there isn't one player in the PL that doesn't have off games, even the best players do so to expect him to stamp his authority on every game is a little mad imo. He's our best midfielder by far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

Well read the original post I responded to then before getting into a back and forth, because the original post was about him being better when he was single. Hence why I took exception to to it.

And there isn't one player in the PL that doesn't have off games, even the best players do so to expect him to stamp his authority on every game is a little mad imo. He's our best midfielder by far.

I love Dougie but Kamara is slightly better for me.

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

We'll agree to disagree. 

They compliment each other like bacon and eggs 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Irreplaceable. Loves Villa so much he tailored his celebration to fit in with VT's love of fish puns. Legend

Not true. In an interview he said it was in homage to John Scales, whom he idolised growing up.

• Haha 1

Lot of reports suggesting that we are going to cash in on Luiz. Would be sad to see him leave. If he brings in 100mill then can't see club saying no. 

32 minutes ago, supermon said:

Lot of reports suggesting that we are going to cash in on Luiz. Would be sad to see him leave. If he brings in 100mill then can't see club saying no. 

then we will be going backwards

10 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

I disagree. We only go backwards if we're poorly run and spend the money badly. £100m for Luiz would represent incredible value. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I disagree. We only go backwards if we're poorly run and spend the money badly. £100m for Luiz would represent incredible value. 

i suposs with that amount we shouldnt have to sell anymore important players just deadwood

Rather just keep what we have & let them all grow together, Mings & Beundia back next season, think we could go closer to the summit & a decent Champions league campaign. Which ever which way the clubs wants to play it I trust in them 100% to do what's right & progress this great club 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beachboys1 said:

People said that after Jack went but looking at where we are now compared to when he left I would say we have edged forwards 😛

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, supermon said:

Where?

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

i agree.

if we spent the 100m well, it would improve us a lot, "overall".

Its all down to if the money is spent well though.

i would trust Emery to spend it well tbh.

Selling Dougie would be mental. I love JJ but I'd rather we sell him if we have to. We've shown this season we can win without JJ and surely Diaby will fire soon enough. 

Replacing Dougie would be a massive ask. I don't think I can name a player out there who'd come in and offer what he does. He's brilliant. 

It's like a gunman asking who you want to be shot first, your missus or your kid. 

2 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Selling Dougie would be mental. I love JJ but I'd rather we sell him if we have to. We've shown this season we can win without JJ and surely Diaby will fire soon enough. 

Replacing Dougie would be a massive ask. I don't think I can name a player out there who'd come in and offer what he does. He's brilliant. 

It's like a gunman asking who you want to be shot first, your missus or your kid. 

Neither of them can play in midfield so it wouldn't make too much difference...

• Haha 2

Just now, T-Dog said:

Neither of them can play in midfield so it wouldn't make too much difference...

My lad does, he got compared to Duncan Edwards on the college sports report for a 45 yard assist and running the show a couple weeks back. 

The Edwards comparison didn't go down well with me, I'm guessing his coach is a Utd fan. 

As for the missus, she could do a job at DMF, pointing and telling everyone what to do. 

55 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

People said that after Jack went but looking at where we are now compared to when he left I would say we have edged forwards 😛

Yes but it took a while, including attempts by 3 different managers, to push on without him.

• Like 1

Â