Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

The guy is real level headed pro. Love his attitude and he must be enjoying life under Unai. It would be easy for such a player to be looking beyond Villa given his potential but he just knuckles down and always puts his best foot forward. An absolute asset and a testament to how the club is operating currently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I know we all say it and want it for every good player we have at the club, but if he is with us in 3/4 years time, we'll be talking about him in the same ilk as the McGraths, Grealishs, Barrys, Yorkes. He's constantly improving. 

I hope he is still here then. He is easily my favourite player and he is just getting better and better - and becoming a true leader too. In a season we lost our biggest leader on the pitch, another one is blossoming.

I love Luiz, but man that was a poor game. Easily his worst game under Emery. He gave passes away left and right and seemed to lag behind in his decision making all night.

I think he's probably just exhausted and needs a break.

Can't really blame him.  He's been levels above everyone for weeks and weeks. He shouldn't be needing to play in a league Cup 3rd round game if we have visions of winning Europa Conference and finishing in the top 6 of the league.

Unfortunately, it's clear the alternatives are not up to it. Dendonker is a huge step down in ability, and Tielemans is not putting in the effort. 

Seems after the Legia farce Emery realised we are useless without him,  and hoped he'd be able to carry Dendonker/ Tielemans better than Kamara could.  Sadly, as good as he is he's not a miracle worker, and now he hasn't had a rest at all, and we're still out.

Don't blame him for tonight. 

19 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I love Luiz, but man that was a poor game. Easily his worst game under Emery. He gave passes away left and right and seemed to lag behind in his decision making all night.

I think he's probably just exhausted and needs a break.

Tielemans and Dendoncker zapped his energy.

11 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Tielemans and Dendoncker zapped his energy.

Yeah I'm sure his partners in the midfield affected his performance negatively. Absolute disasterclass from Dendoncker and Tielemans.

• Like 1

Absolutely horrific last night.

He’s been amongst the best players on the pitch for months.  But last night, he was possibly the worst.

Wasn't up for it all.

however, he’s earned having one horror show.  Which is more than can be said for a few others.

Â