Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, SeanVilla said:

See this opinion on social media quite a lot and I can’t understand it. He’ll leave next summer for free but at least we “stood firm”. unless he’s signed a new deal which I don’t know why he would. He’s not even that good, doesn’t get in our starting XI, I’d have taken the 25 mill and ran with it. 

Problem if we did let him leave would be a full season of ramsey and McGinn playing everygame, I’m just hoping he’s been told we are getting a new manager in and he’ll sign the new deal with him starting over McGinn 

Sounds like we gave arsenal a taste of their own medicine with the whole ESR shit they did 

We lose luiz for free then.

Really we would have got 4 years out of him for 15m. We lose 25m if he keeps us up its worth losing the 20m over

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Sounds like we gave arsenal a taste of their own medicine with the whole ESR shit they did 

The "shit they did" being not selling a young prospect for a bargain price? Not sure what you think they did wrong tbh, we put a very low valuation on him

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Problem if we did let him leave would be a full season of ramsey and McGinn playing everygame, I’m just hoping he’s been told we are getting a new manager in and he’ll sign the new deal with him starting over McGinn 

Probably won’t happen but I’d go Kamara and Dendoncker sitting in a 4231, then neither McGinn or Ramsey get in, or Luiz. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I never understand this . Why does anyone care about the finances. We are fans. We support whats on the pitch not the ledger. 

I want to keep good players and sell bad ones. Not sell good ones and keep bad ones. 

Whatever that costs is irrelevant. I leave that to the money people who look after us. 

Gerrard might not play him but i am sure our next manager will do. 

Ffp is a thing. No matter how wealthy our owners are, every pound matters

• Thanks 1

Happy to keep him but turning down a decent offer (considering he’s free in the summer) for a player the manager doesn’t play is a strange decision. 

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Under normal circumstances I don't think there's anyway we would be turning down £25m for a player of Luiz's ability, with less than a year left on their current deal, and that player supposedly wanting to leave. So I think there's more to this whole thing than meets the eye.

Care to speculate?

If he's trying to get out, there's no way he's signing a new deal and he's unlikely to perform very well (if even selected)

Only thing I can see is he gets to play further forward (where SG has known for a long time he wants to play ) now that we have Dendonker to hold the fort with Kamara, and maybe that would keep everybody happy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Happy to keep him but turning down a decent offer (considering he’s free in the summer) for a player the manager doesn’t play is a strange decision. 

Well hopefully said manager won't be around much longer.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mantis said:

Well hopefully said manager won't be around much longer.

I hope so mate. It still feels strange, unless we can get him to sign a new contract it seems like a lot of money to turn down 

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Ffp is a thing. No matter how wealthy our owners are, every pound matters

Absolutely . But that doesnt mean selling players because its a decent profit. You buy and sell to either strengthen or to avoid weakening your team.  Selling him would weaken our squad for 4 months until we could buy someone. 

Look at Everton rejecting 60 mill for Antony Gordon. For football reasons. And thats a club financially challenged. 

Â