Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

31 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

English football league is the worst measure of value=quality. 

If we did that, McCormac>95% of world football.

Well you. Can't take one spectacularly bad signing as the norm, that's screwing statistics beyong breaking point. 

The Championship will be stock full of players costing £4-£5m who have all been huge successes. 

If you think the Turkish league is better than The Championship then fine, but the majority of clubs in The Championship could comfortably outbid all but the top 3 or 4 Turkish clubs for any player they wanted.   

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

And who was in Sheffield Uniteds team that finished 2nd? Billy Sharp, Enda Stevens etc

I would take Enda Stevens over Gael Clichy any day of the week or Oliver Norwood over 39 year old Emre

I wasn't trying to start a debate of which league is better, obv there's more money in the English game filtering down from the Premier League .. just was trying to make the point just because you don't watch a league doesn't mean its poor. It's ranked 10th best league in Europe for a reason and Trezeguet was one of the better performers in it.

Anyway its off to bed for me, at least the thread has moved away from those horrible puns all day :cheers:

That's the point I was making, you can't pick random (although they were actually carefully selected, rather than random) players from any one club in order to judge a league, even if said players happen to play for the club that finished second. Put it like this, if you put last season's Sheffiled United team into the Super Lig, they wouldn't be finishing 2nd.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The word mercenaries springs to mind. Trying to buy the title with a team of has beens doesn’t suggest a strong league to me. 

The word cliche springs to mind.

Do you suggest everyone over 30 should just retire?

Just because people like Lescott and Richards took the piss, doesn't mean every player over 30 is the same. Glenn Murray still banging them in for Brighton. Sheringham played into his 40s, just because Emre is 39 doesn't mean he can't still do a job. He used to play for Inter Milan.. Alex Rae was one of Wolves best players last time they were in the prem and he was close to 40.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Junxs said:

The word cliche springs to mind.

Do you suggest everyone over 30 should just retire?

Just because people like Lescott and Richards took the piss, doesn't mean every player over 30 is the same. Glenn Murray still banging them in for Brighton. Sheringham played into his 40s, just because Emre is 39 doesn't mean he can't still do a job. He used to play for Inter Milan.. Alex Rae was one of Wolves best players last time they were in the prem and he was close to 40.

I’m not saying they are all shit. I’m just saying they all went there for the money. It wasn’t a criticism and I don’t blame them for doing so. Maybe mercenaries sounds abit harsh

So do you reckon they all went to Turkey to continue to showcase their talents at the highest level? 

Lets be honest if a player is a top performer in the French, Dutch, Belgian, Turkish, Portuguese or Russian top tier or the English Championship then they stand a decent chance of being ok in the Premier League. Some of those leagues have a few standout teams but in general the standard is pretty much on par so it doesn't make a big difference where they come from.

We've seen in the past a player can have years of experience in the Premier League and still look bang average in the Championship e.g. Bacuna, Westwood, Taylor, Weimann, Baker. I guess they just got lucky to spend so long in the PL without being found out.

44 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not saying they are all shit. I’m just saying they all went there for the money. It wasn’t a criticism and I don’t blame them for doing so. Maybe mercenaries sounds abit harsh

So do you reckon they all went to Turkey to continue to showcase their talents at the highest level? 

Name me a player that doesn't try to get the highest standard they can play at whilst getting the best financial deal they can from that level? There's more money in the Championship than the Turkish league.

The group of players you commented on finishing 2nd proves they made the right move by finishing above some of the giants of that league, not sure what you're trying to get at?

Edited by Junxs

7 minutes ago, villadodo said:

Lets be honest if a player is a top performer in the French, Dutch, Belgian, Turkish, Portuguese or Russian top tier or the English Championship then they stand a decent chance of being ok in the Premier League. Some of those leagues have a few standout teams but in general the standard is pretty much on par so it doesn't make a big difference where they come from.

We've seen in the past a player can have years of experience in the Premier League and still look bang average in the Championship e.g. Bacuna, Westwood, Taylor, Weimann, Baker. I guess they just got lucky to spend so long in the PL without being found out.

Just to back up your lost point there. Lee Cattermole has just under 200 Premier League appearances...

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

Name me a player that doesn't try to get the highest standard they can play at whilst getting the best financial deal they can from that level?

The group of players you commented on finishing 2nd proves they made the right move by finishing above some of the giants of that league, not sure what you're trying to get at?

The part in bold - pretty much name any player that has moved to China over the last 3 years. 

The last sentence - I can’t even remember. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The part in bold - pretty much name any player that has moved to China over the last 3 years. 

The last sentence - I can’t even remember. 

China of course, well you can't say the players going to Turkey have gone for the money.

You've cracked me up on the 2nd bit 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Junxs said:

China of course, well you can't say the players going to Turkey have gone for the money.

You've cracked me up on the 2nd bit 

I don’t know mate. I admit I don’t know anything about Turkish football but there seems to be something well dodgy going on with the club that finished 2nd in regards to his government backing. 

It reminds me of Anzi in Russia. 

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Is this person reliable? 😋

Nothing about this on sky sports transfer centre..

Yes just aggregating. Posted about the ground buy back story way before anyone including the story text before article published

Edited by Kiwivillan

Â