Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I wouldn't say the Turkish league is below the standard of the championship, in which case those comparisons are hugely in favour of Trezeguet compared to what we had last season on the wings

Really? Top 2, 3 teams aside I’d be amazed if they Turkish league is of a higher quality than the Championship! 

I've never watched any Turkish football outside of the national team and their teams in the Champions League, but the quality of the championship is vastly overrated by some people. Mahmoud having played in Belgium at the World cup and in the Africa Cup of Nations, and Europe league has played at a much higher level.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I wouldn't say the Turkish league is below the standard of the championship, in which case those comparisons are hugely in favour of Trezeguet compared to what we had last season on the wings

What about his international record?!That stands up. 

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really? Top 2, 3 teams aside I’d be amazed if they Turkish league is of a higher quality than the Championship! 

Aside from the top 2-3 teams in the championship (that at least 1 or 2 come straight back down every year) the quality of the championship isnt that great.

I think we vastly overrate the championship just because Steve Bruce struggled to get us out of it. Theres some great football to be seen in Super lig and some pretty big names in it. Not saying its better but certainly not much worse than people think just because they don't watch it

4 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Aside from the top 2-3 teams in the championship (that at least 1 or 2 come straight back down every year) the quality of the championship isnt that great.

I think we vastly overrate the championship just because Steve Bruce struggled to get us out of it. Theres some great football to be seen in Super lig and some pretty big names in it. Not saying its better but certainly not much worse than people think just because they don't watch it

I think we underestimate the Championship because we watch it. The football doesn’t seem great at times but it’s bloody solid to play in. Everyone beats everyone!

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we underestimate the Championship because we watch it. The football doesn’t seem great at times but it’s bloody solid to play in. Everyone beats everyone!

I think the Super Lig best XI would destroy the Championship best XI and last years champions Norwich wouldnt finish in the top 6 over there.

pgxzc3mh76131.png

14 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I think the Super Lig best XI would destroy the Championship best XI and last years champions Norwich wouldnt finish in the top 6 over there.

pgxzc3mh76131.png

I’ve never watched it so hard to comment. But I bet most them players are from 2 or 3 teams 

Looking at say Yeni Malatyaspor who finished 5th their record signing is £3.4m but most of their squad is a long way bellow that, most less than £500k.   Same with Antalyaspor who came 7th.

Even İstanbul Başakşehir Futbol Kulübü who came second have a player at £3m and a handful of £1-£1.5m.  

They are on Par with Scotland for transfers I would say and a long long way below The Championship.

I know transfer spend isn't a mirror reflection of quality, but let's be honest if a league is paying significantly higher transfer fees throughout the league compared to a different league it will inevitably attract a far better depth of quality players. 

Outside of a few top players in each team they are mainly free transfers and home grow

I didn't bother looking any lower but I would imagine it's probably more league 1 or even 2 prices. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, useless said:

I've never watched any Turkish football outside of the national team and their teams in the Champions League, but the quality of the championship is vastly overrated by some people. Mahmoud having played in Belgium at the World cup and in the Africa Cup of Nations, and Europe league has played at a much higher level.

There are alot of quality players in the championship. However I would also say there are way more devious, cheating and no honour players that make the championship look like a league that is rife of players who will do anything to bend the rules. Add the bad refs to all what I just said and that quality league is pulled apart by the sickness that dwells there.

I wouldn't say it's over rated I would simply say that many players would rather cheat there way to a win anyway they can. To many tactical fouls and dives going on when refs backs are turned, to many coaches/managers encouraging there players to do whatever it takes to win. The reward is so high which is promotion, it's desperation from the majority because of the difference in money earned from bottom of the prem to top of the champ. The bottom of the premier to the top of the championship we all know is a massive gap in earnings, if that gap was closed and championship sides earned more maybe alot of what does go on would maybe stop.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The team that came 2nd had players like Robinho, Clichy, Arda Turan, Adebayor, Emre in the team. 

Players that were relevant in 2008

The word mercenaries springs to mind. Trying to buy the title with a team of has beens doesn’t suggest a strong league to me. 

you can't judge a league from a bunch of random players from one team. For example last season in the championship Sheffield United had Billy Sharp, Samir Carruthers, Enda Stevens and other similar players in their squad, and they finished second.

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Looking at say Yeni Malatyaspor who finished 5th their record signing is £3.4m but most of their squad is a long way bellow that, most less than £500k.   Same with Antalyaspor who came 7th.

Even İstanbul Başakşehir Futbol Kulübü who came second have a player at £3m and a handful of £1-£1.5m.  

They are on Par with Scotland for transfers I would say and a long long way below The Championship.

I know transfer spend isn't a mirror reflection of quality, but let's be honest if a league is paying significantly higher transfer fees throughout the league compared to a different league it will inevitably attract a far better depth of quality players. 

Outside of a few top players in each team they are mainly free transfers and home grow

I didn't bother looking any lower but I would imagine it's probably more league 1 or even 2 prices. 

English football league is the worst measure of value=quality. 

If we did that, McCormac>95% of world football.

• Like 2

the Turkish League is currently ranked 10th in UEFA rankings.

For reference:

1. Spain, 2. England, 3. Italy, 4. Germany, 5. France, 6.Russia, 7. Portugal, 8. Belguim, 9. Ukraine, 10. Turkey, 11. Netherlands, 12. Austria.

others: 15. Croatia, 16. Denmark, 20. Scotland.

So really, any player coming from a top club in Turkey with the player having a good reputation, "should" in "theory" be comparable to similar talent levels coming from Holland, Ukraine and not a million miles from Belgium, and we should be a lot more confident than a similarly rated player coming from say.......Scotland?

Obviously i dont know how realistic this is, or reflective, but still.......its data?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Junxs said:

pgxzc3mh76131.png

Im curiously wondering why you didnt say anything like that while we were in the championship??

Sorry I really disagree, for decades the championship has always been classed as the hell hole not to drop into from the premier and for good reason, because you never know how long your stay is going to be there. Time and time again the championship has been proven to be some of the hottest football there is to see because of what's at stake and because it's the toughest league to get out of.

We didn't walk the championship, really we were lucky to fall onto excellent Owners, Chiefs, Coaches who did have a vision, many of the clubs were not so lucky to have the financial backing we did. If we had ended up with another Owner who let's say had half a bill to his name, no way would we of done what we did or even had the team we won those play offs with. FFP would of tore Villa to bits if we didn't put in place the people that are here now, we would of been struggling for years or a decade if NSWE hadn't came in and stars like Grealish and Mcginn would of gone. We would of had to buy from clubs in the division lower as well because we simply wouldn't of been able to buy championship players.

So much to consider really but truth is the championship would of been the death of Villa for a while because we wouldn't of had the quality to remain in it and play those teams in there as they do have the quality to fight for promotion, we would of been the unlucky ones without NSWE.

30 minutes ago, useless said:

you can't judge a league from a bunch of random players from one team. For example last season in the championship Sheffield United had Billy Sharp, Samir Carruthers, Enda Stevens and other similar players in their squad, and they finished second.

If anything that proves how highly overrated the championship is?

If Sheffield United don't significantly strengthen they'll come straight back down

48 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The team that came 2nd had players like Robinho, Clichy, Arda Turan, Adebayor, Emre in the team. 

Players that were relevant in 2008

And who was in Sheffield Uniteds team that finished 2nd? Billy Sharp, Enda Stevens etc

Â