Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

56 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Mings has carried every centre half he's been next to, Konsa, Engels,Tuanzebe...yet all at some point in time were proclaimed to be better than him (before it became clear they weren't).

Without a doubt.

Konsa has been very inconsistant this season which is a real shame. Still young and has shown us really high levels before. I think he can improve plenty still.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Konsa has been very inconsistant this season which is a real shame. Still young and has shown us really high levels before. I think he can improve plenty still.

100% - I wouldn't sell him for these reasons. We know what he's capable of, we know he's not yet at his prime and he's earnt enough good will to be backed through a bad spell.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Could he go out on Loan? Would we loan him to a PL rival? 

We need to stop loaning players we spent money on.

Club management has to stick or twist. Will Konsa play double figures next season, are we looking to bring someone in? If so Konsa should be sold. I don't see him signi g a new deal again and his stock will only continue to fall if not played.

Edited by rodders0223

46 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes agreed I said this around 4 months ago.

I agree....never been a big fan of Konsa, if I am honest.

but, I am not a big fan of sub 6ft centre backs, generally, anyway.

Aerial duels are a huge part of a Centre backs work, they have to be competent in that area....set pieces can be the difference in games.

smaller centre backs have to be exceptional to make up for that.....Most of the top teams have centre backs between 6'2 - 6'5

I too think Mings has a lot to do, covering, so many smaller players, particularly at set pieces.

Edited by TRO

The goal is Ming's fault for me. He's too deep. Or it's both their fault. Either way, they were hardly playing as a unit in that moment. But surely it's on the last man to make sure they're level.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

You really think Norwich will pay the amount we would want for him when they have been relegated to the Championship? Not a chance.

Whats the amount we would look for him exactly? Based on this seasons form 20m tops. He would be the best defender in the championship if they signed him

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats the amount we would look for him exactly? Based on this seasons form 20m tops. He would be the best defender in the championship if they signed him

How could Norwich afford that? It would absolutely smash the transfer record for them and would make him probably the most expensive Championship player ever

• Like 1

If we sold Konsa he'd be going to the Prem. Maybe a Top 5 league in Europe but he ain't going to the Championship. He's been in bad form but that's not happening.

We bought him for £12m and hes grown in value. Hed be a steal at £20-25m as he'd recapture his form eventually and be £30-50m plus if the market keeps growing as it has been 

• Like 3

A poor game indeed for konsa, there were 2 or 3 proper howlers but their goal should have been a simple step up from both cbs, it looks bad on konsa but mings was caught out by not reading the game and instead concentrating on the player next to him.

At 3 nil in the last minute, it won't have made emi happy to concede such a basic goal.

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

The goal is Ming's fault for me. He's too deep. Or it's both their fault. Either way, they were hardly playing as a unit in that moment. But surely it's on the last man to make sure they're level.

End of the day, it was only a Konsalation goal tbf...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

How could Norwich afford that? It would absolutely smash the transfer record for them and would make him probably the most expensive Championship player ever

They have parachute payments - amd you would imagine some players will be sold. If they want to come back up they nedd to invest in their defence as its been absolutely shocking, as shown today

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They have parachute payments - amd you would imagine some players will be sold. If they want to come back up they nedd to invest in their defence as its been absolutely shocking, as shown today

Norwich don't spend huge sums on players when they're in the Premier League let alone in the Championship. There's not a chance they pay upwards of £20 million on Konsa, no way whatsoever.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's six foot.

borderline.

however I appreciate , many other attributes have to be considered too.

5 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

If we sold Konsa he'd be going to the Prem. Maybe a Top 5 league in Europe but he ain't going to the Championship. He's been in bad form but that's not happening.

We bought him for £12m and hes grown in value. Hed be a steal at £20-25m as he'd recapture his form eventually and be £30-50m plus if the market keeps growing as it has been 

Yep. We should not be considering getting rid - loan or perm. We need him.

Â