Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Out of the 9 remaining id say 4 are definite losses (Chelsea, Wolves, Liverpool, Man Utd) and the other 5 are all games we can take points from but are still hard games.

Bournemouth took 4pts off Chelsea and West Ham beat them too. We need to start like we did against Spuds at home, take it to them and actually start taking the chances we make. Be resolute and hard to beat if possible. Results seem to be going for us an awful lot this season before we play but we just cant take advantage. If we’re good enough to stay up then now really is the time to start showing it. UTV

I think that we will do well to get anything from our games against Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United. Wolves is a derby, so we may get something out of that one. For me the bulk of our points and hopefully three wins, will come from our games against Newcastle, Palace, Everton, Arsenal and West Ham. 🤞   

9 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I wonder who they got to do this audio, did they rip it from FIFA lol

You've hit the nail on the head there!

The crowd noise was developed with EA Sports. Sky had sent them crowd noises they had from past games, to soundtrack virtual matches in EA's series of FIFA games. Sky now has someone watch each game, who presses an appropriate button during each televised game, depending on what's happening. I can't stand it either, it's mostly just a dull murmur.

23 minutes ago, John said:

You've hit the nail on the head there!

The crowd noise was developed with EA Sports. Sky had sent them crowd noises they had from past games, to soundtrack virtual matches in EA's series of FIFA games. Sky now has someone watch each game, who presses an appropriate button during each televised game, depending on what's happening. I can't stand it either, it's mostly just a dull murmur.

I could definitely hear come on you irons yesterday murmuring in the backgroundI

After watching Wolves i've got very little hopes in us getting a result in that game.

Such a well drilled team. Their counter attacking threat is scary as hell. We have to sit deep that game, Steve Bruce style.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

After watching Wolves i've got very little hopes in us getting a result in that game.

Such a well drilled team. Their counter attacking threat is scary as hell. We have to sit deep that game, Steve Bruce style.

It’s a ‘derby’ of sorts though, so I’d say unusual results are more possible. They did look very good though.

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

Not much of a derby though without fans is it?

That’s a good point, I suppose we’ll see how it turns out. Could be that our players are more pumped up for it, but who knows.

In the last 5 games we are equal with Bournemouth on having the worst form in the league. Part of me thinks the luck we had last game is the sort of thing that happens when a team stays up - the other part says we are going down, with Bournemouth. 

Lets not overrate Wolves, this season they've drawn twice with Brighton, twice with Newcastle once with Southampton when they were the worst team in the league, they lost to Everton when they were in their bad patch, they've also lost to Watord.

• Like 2

Just now, useless said:

Lets not overrate Wolves, this season they've drawn twice with Brighton, twice with Newcastle once with Southampton when they were the worst team in the league, they lost to Everton when they were in their bad patch, they've also lost to Watord.

wow, interesting, still nailed on to beat us then, cus....:Villa:.

They tend to do better against the division's better sides, they're obviously much better than us at  the moment, but they're not so good that we should rule out the possibility of beating them, if you do that then you're pretty much ruling us out winning any of remaining games, because all of them except for Newcastle are about as good give or take, or better than Wolves.

If Jack's head has been turned, then we're stuffed. We could barely get a win with him giving everything, if he puts the cue in the rack we have no hope.

I hope someone is keeping a list of my negative posts, keeping them ready to shove down my throat when we stay up.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

You have hit the nail on the head there.That IS the difference between staying up and going down,the phrase "Such a well drilled team" You are obviously not talking about us.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Wolves seem to struggle against teams that sit back and defend deep. But that is not how we play.