Transfer Thread Summer 2019

villa4europe

Quincy Promes is another on the list of Dutch hyped wingers who never really done much. Elia, Afellay, Van Der Meyde, Babel, Narsingh and Lens never did much could even add Depay to that list unless he gets another chance at a big club

1 hour ago, jim said:

Totti being courted by Leeds to come out of retirement 😂

Bielsa high impact style needs a near 43 year old 

Expect Bielsa to walk soon, no way he would chase this

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Quincy Promes is another on the list of Dutch hyped wingers who never really done much. Elia, Afellay, Van Der Meyde, Babel, Narsingh and Lens never did much could even add Depay to that list unless he gets another chance at a big club

I actually thought he'd played for Sunderland until you mentioned Jermaine Lens at the end. Royston Drenthe another to the list.

Edited by VillaChris

its a gamble but good full backs are few and far between, get 10 years out him and its money well spent

unfortunately for them the same thing could have been said about Shaw and he's been ok but not justified the investment

oh and its nice to see them not spending money again, glaziers out!!!!

Edited by villa4europe

57 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Man Utd finally looking like they've got a deal for Wan Bissaka...£50m...insanity. Their transfer policy has been utterly horrid for years.

Hope he flops massively. Would be so funny

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Hope he flops massively. Would be so funny

I genuinely dont understand this type of post. He is just a kid who has done absolutely nothing to you and you want him to flop massively

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I genuinely dont understand this type of post. He is just a kid who has done absolutely nothing to you and you want him to flop massively

I have nothing against him, i just want to see the Man Utd ship keep sinking and sinking.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

when they signed shaw and stuck him on 100k a week I thought similar, its a ridiculous amount of cash for a kid to earn but its now looking like pissing in the wind, that's commonplace and its not going to change

I don't hope he gets injured or anything but once, just once, i'd like one of them to become addicted to wotsits and fortnite and turn round and say **** it i'll be filthy rich by the end of this contract and retire just so the ridiculousness of it all can be demonstrated, shaw came so close, someone needs to do a Winston Bogarde 

de ligt is looking like "earning" 125m+ by the time he is 25, that's insanity

2 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

Man Utd finally looking like they've got a deal for Wan Bissaka...£50m...insanity. Their transfer policy has been utterly horrid for years.

Can you believe they have 60 scouts working for the club with the atrocious business they do in the transfer market.

I think AWB is exactly the kind of signing United should be making.  The money they've spunked on flops recently have been on stars.  They need grounded promise.  A lack of ego.  Re-build from the ground up.  They have massive problems all over the pitch, and off the pitch, but all they can try and do is buy the right player from this point on.  AWB is definitely a step in the right direction.

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Palace will be interesting this season - it looks like they'll lose both Wan Bissaka and Zaha - what they do with the £130m will be fascinating.

I cant see anyone taking a punt on Zaha for the asking price, decent player but 80m player he definitely isnt

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I cant see anyone taking a punt on Zaha for the asking price, decent player but 80m player he definitely isnt

Agree but he wins a bucketload of penalties. With VAR somebody might be tempted

All top 6 except City could do with him in the squad

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Agree but he wins a bucketload of penalties. With VAR somebody might be tempted

All top 6 except City could do with him in the squad

It's actually City I could see being the most plausible move.  The money is irrelevant to them for a start, so they'd pay it where others might not.  They rotate their non-Aguero forwards like Billio, and he has a pseudo-blue passport having dual-nationality which City seem to be sniffing around recently, considering they want Farmer Maguire from Leechester.  And he'd obviously move to them.

With all the competitions they're in, he'd get plenty of game time.  Probably around the same or a tad more than Mahrez, also dependent upon what happens to Sané.

• Like 1

£50m

Probably £5-10m in agent fee, £2-5m bonus to the player, rumoured £90-100k a week wages

That's a 9 or 10 x pay increase from his palace wages, that's madness 

You can argue market dictates value, the selling clubs need to keep him dictates value, age, potential blah blah but I don't see how anything dictates that kind of pay increase

Dalot won't be on those kind of wages, TAA who is comparable was apparantly on an appearance based bonus that got him up to £40k a week

Â