Transfer Thread Summer 2019

villa4europe

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

120m?

talking about him to a Benfica fan in the office, says the potential is there but he needs more time before his mega move, walk before he can run type thing

I watched him live in Lisbon in September, and I have to say, he is a special talent. He is easily the next Hazard, but I think he will reach far bigger things. 

I think it's a very smart transfer by Atletico, he will only raise in value - I am just hoping that he won't have to defend too much in a team playing the way they do!

• Like 1

Everton getting Andre Gomes for £22m or something like that is really good business considering.

He'd have cost 5 times as much if they were buying him from Brentford

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, sne said:

Everton getting Andre Gomes for £22m or something like that is really good business considering.

United are being linked with a host of players, nobody special and apparently getting quoted 70million for each player 😂

I think its worrying that any half decent player now seems to cost about £50m plus. I know we say it every year, but its not sustainable is it?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

120m?

talking about him to a Benfica fan in the office, says the potential is there but he needs more time before his mega move, walk before he can run type thing

Renato Sanches needed at least another season at Benfica, moved to Bayern far too early.

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It's those brave minnows Atletico again, doing it all on a shoestring.

In Atletico's defence they do lose big players most summers. Whenever they've signed a striker for big money they're usually just replacing someone upfront they've sold for big money. No mean feat when you see how often prem clubs collapse when they lose a key striker like Liverpool did the season after Suarez went, Spurs after Bale and of course us with Benteke.

9 hours ago, Xela said:

I think its worrying that any half decent player now seems to cost about £50m plus. I know we say it every year, but its not sustainable is it?

I was just thinking the same.  If you add up the BBC gossip column for 1 day its approx 1 billion quid been talked about for footie players.  It is a bit mental. 

The inflation in just the few years we have been away is alarming.

Fernando torres retired, so has Dario srna

frees - franco di santo, bochetti

ponce to Spartak Moscow from roma

dennis appiah to nantes from anderlecht

luis Muriel to atalanta from sevilla 15m

lustig to gent from celtic on a free

vilhena to krasnodar from Feyenoord for 9m

vranjes to AEK from Anderlecht on a free

marcos llorente to Atletico from Real for 30m

politano to inter from sassuolo for 20m

eddie Salcedo to inter from genoa for 8m

another juve B team player gone for big money, orsolini to bologna for 15m

lainer to Monchengladbach from RB Salzburg for 12m

• Like 1

the marcos llorente one is the pick of those, real madrid flogging young squad players to fund their spending whilst Atletico line up replacements ready to lose one of their central midfielders (looking like rodri to city)

I think juve have now sold 4 or 5 reserve players for around 70m

On 19/06/2019 at 19:13, sne said:

They had him on of those awful season long loans....

• Like 1

Loan for him made sense, squad player at Barca who had question marks over where he would fit and if he was actually any good and the new manager didnt rate him, meant Everton good check him out first, potential deal was always there 

Messi also got all the readers of Marca to vote him the worst signing of the season too

he wasn't what they needed and cost them too much, it was a shit signing at the time and now they've lost around €30m on him, Everton is his level not Barca 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Messi also got all the readers of Marca to vote him the worst signing of the season too

he wasn't what they needed and cost them too much, it was a shit signing at the time and now they've lost around €30m on him, Everton is his level not Barca 

Yep. Looked shockingly out of place at Barca.

22 hours ago, villa4europe said:

ponce to Spartak Moscow from roma

luis Muriel to atalanta from sevilla 15m

eddie Salcedo to inter from genoa for 8m

another juve B team player gone for big money, orsolini to bologna for 15m

Good players.

Â