Transfer Thread Summer 2019

villa4europe

If you haven't heard the news hazard to Real Madrid £88m rising to £130m when they win stuff

daniel James from Swansea to Utd £15m + £3m, didn't see him last season so not sure if he's any good, lot of money for someone with 35 games in the championsip

roberto soriano Villarreal to bologna £6m

Frees - vorm, llorente, Ashley Williams, jagielka, britos, Eduardo, bakary sako, drmic, buffon, ander herrera (expected to sign for psg) valencia

was reported this morning Utd have decided to offer mata a new contract the week his contract expires, hope he leaves

Edited by villa4europe

Official released players list was issued yesterday -

Cech (ret) , welbeck, lichtsteiner, crouch, Stephen ward, walters (ret) Cahill, green (ret) puncheon, speroni, souare, Baines (but he's been offered a deal) babel, markovic, bogdan, Sturbridge, moreno, diame, Gomes, 

James I think is a potentially top player, Leeds had him until Swansea backed out last minute which is good business by them 

Will be compared to Giggs by lazy journalists 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

It seems the Barcelona egos have won and the club wont sign Griezmann. Rotten dressing room

Said this when he first put the transfer request in, they have already spent £75m on de Jong, they want and probably need de ligt more, unless they sell £100m worth of players from an already wafer thin squad, so coutinho gone at probably a £60-70m loss, Suarez wages off the books etc I don't think under FFP Barca can actually afford greizmann

not sure where "egos" comes in to it

look at their transfer record over the last 2 maybe 3 seasons and say where he fits in that model

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Said this when he first put the transfer request in, they have already spent £75m on de Jong, they want and probably need de ligt more, unless they sell £100m worth of players from an already wafer thin squad, so coutinho gone at probably a £60-70m loss, Suarez wages off the books etc I don't think under FFP Barca can actually afford greizmann

not sure where "egos" comes in to it

look at their transfer record over the last 2 maybe 3 seasons and say where he fits in that model

Its known the Barcelona players went to the president saying they were embarrassed that after publicly tapping him up he rejected them last summer

Suarez also really doesnt like him because he considers himself Uruguayan

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Chelsea at it again, ola aina, made 3 sub appearances for them before being loaned out, played 3 games whilst on loan last season, sold for 10m to torino

They got £8m for Djilobodji. If they aren't some European hub for money laundering then I don't know what is.

• Like 1

Barcelona close to signing West Brom's Louie Barry

It's not so much the link, as his place of birth.  Aston.  Grrr, silly Villa.  Missed that one.

Barcelona are closing in on the signing of West Brom's 15-year old forward, Louie Barry.

Sky Sports News understands West Brom are keen on keeping their prodigious talent, but fear a move to the Nou Camp may prove too tempting to turn down.

The prolific striker, who has been at West Brom since he was six, has attracted the attentions of a host of top clubs after scoring 10 goals in five games for England U15s.

He then went on to claim the golden boot at the Val-de-Marne U16s tournament in November last year.

Three months later, he scored two goals for England U16s against Brazil.

He has also played for the Republic of Ireland's youth teams, being eligible to play for both.

Several West Brom youth players have broken into the Baggies' first team over the past couple of seasons.

Sam Field, Rekeem Harper and Kyle Edwards have all featured in 2019, and Albion will hope that this pathway to first-team action will be enough to persuade Barry to stay.

Alexander Isak on his way to Real Sociedad for as little as 7-8 m Euro.

Still a lot of money for a 19 y.o but I't will be interesting to see how he fares there.

One I would have liked us to take a punt on.

Edit: Ah well...

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Alexander Isak on his way to Real Sociedad for as little as 7-8 m Euro.

Still a lot of money for a 19 y.o but I't will be interesting to see how he fares there.

One I would have liked us to take a punt on.

I think he's a great talent and would have loved us to sign him. Delighted he's moving to a club where he will get (in principle) regular football, was fantastic on loan at Willem II last season.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think he's a great talent and would have loved us to sign him. Delighted he's moving to a club where he will get (in principle) regular football, was fantastic on loan at Willem II last season.

He looks back to his young self again after scoring a bunch of goals in Holland.

Just oozes confidence and talent. 

On 08/06/2019 at 11:09, mikeyp102 said:

Daniel James to Utd isn’t a bad move, but they’ve paid him £67k pw, ridiculous money. Instantly could stop his drive and hunger.

That's the going rate for a £15m player. He would be on half what most of his team mates are on (or less).

was thinking the same with the de ligt to PSG rumours (and de jong to barca rumoured figures) I can understand the inflated transfer fees they are what they are but to take a kid from ajax on maybe 20-30k a week and then to offer him 350k a week?! that jump is **** up

the only silver lining is that I think under FFP it makes squad building near impossible, PSG might have the luxury of filling the squad out with kids in the league but a CL winning squad seems beyond them because they have 2/3 players on ridiculous wages, its hindered barca over the last couple of years too 

to be fair to city they seem to avoid it, got a squad of very well played players but no one seems to be way out there

Â