Transfer Thread Summer 2019

villa4europe

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Interns striker options next season are icardi, Martinez, pinamonti, colidio and salcedo

bizarre that they are trying to sign lukaku 

and maybe also ripe for loaning one 

Sure it hinges on Icardi leaving.

They don't have the funds without him leaving and he's made himself impossible at Inter

As mentioned in the main villa thread go to FM goalkeeper pedrag rajkovic from tel aviv to Reims for £2.25m

dani alves is leaving psg, Thomas vermaelen has left Barca 

Yaribo to rangers from Charlton

one for those who hate them...Barca have signed defender mike van beijnen from NAC Breda, never heard of him? His dad is frenkie de jongs agent

Edited by villa4europe

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Buffon linked to Leeds, that FFP might be an issue 😉 

Also linked to Porto, Parma and Atalanta

They are also linked to Payet :D 

And at the same time they are apparently trying to get rid of Casilla as his £30k/w contract is too expensive...

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Manolas house hunting in Naples, apparently.

Release clause of around €35m is a bargain.

For 5 million less you can get Lewis Dunk or splash another 15 million on Stones. Crazy

On 19/06/2019 at 21:53, Xela said:

I think its worrying that any half decent player now seems to cost about £50m plus. I know we say it every year, but its not sustainable is it?

Well if you are top 6 in PL you are getting what £150m in Sky Money, Massive kit deals that dwarf ours, selling millions of pounds of merchandise around the world, getting sleeve sponsors that pay more than our main shirt sponsors and mains shirt sponsors that pay 10 times ours. 

Big money from official condiment dispenser suppliers, several millions from pre season tournaments, European Competition money.  Several millions from loaned out player fees.  

I think a couple of £50m players will be affordable especially if you've sold a couple of also rans for £20m or so when they haven't made the grade. 

But how much is he worth when the choice is Maguire or a 20 year old centre back with a few sub appearances to his name due to the quota.

The best English players go for extortionate fees because at some point the club will be forced to select them and you’re only as good as your weakest link.

city have a small squad so they don't have an English player quota problem, that's not why they're signing him

they have 20 players over 21* + 5 that are under (so don't need registering - de ligt wouldn't need registering this season either) they only have 4 homegrown players, its keeping the squad size low that means they get away with it (unregistered place counts as homegrown)

*mangala is still on the books and I imagine he's going this summer

I'm so out of touch these days. There was a time I could name all starters for all the teams in the top flight and about half in Italy without a problem and not looking at a screen/paper.

I've heard of about 5% of the players mentioned in this thread :D.

• Like 2

some of them are just to show the madness of it all!

quincy promes, signed last summer for sevilla for 20m, plays in 49 games, becomes a national side regular, moves to ajax who have the CL semi final cash + de jong sale + de ligt sale for 15m

then we are talking about buying championship wingers for more

that doesn't make sense

25 minutes ago, Tegis said:

I'm so out of touch these days. There was a time I could name all starters for all the teams in the top flight and about half in Italy without a problem and not looking at a screen/paper.

I've heard of about 5% of the players mentioned in this thread :D.

I'm heading the same way, was a bit Rain Man about these things up until a couple of years ago.

Lack of time and interest coupled with not playing Football Manager as much I think :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â