Winning streak

MikeMcKenna

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

That team was shite! They hit double figures four times yet didn't manage it in three games against the Small Heathens :rant:;)

Are you Screwdriver in disguise? 

2 hours ago, villarocker said:

That team was shite! They hit double figures four times yet didn't manage it in three games against the Small Heathens :rant:;)

Fecking awesome goal difference that year!

F - 171
A - 23

GD + 148 :flag:

• Like 1

On 23/04/2019 at 13:05, Unused Sub said:

To muddy the waters a bit, check out the 1887-88 season (the season before we invented the football league).

12 wins on the bounce, then followed by 17 wins! we only lost to Notts County because half of the team was away playing a county game (Birmingham vs Lancashire).

1887.jpg

Battlefield? Shankhouse? Rough league in those days.

• Haha 1

On 23/04/2019 at 12:58, Unused Sub said:

As mentioned in this thread, we've won 11 in a row at the end of the 1896-97 to the beginning of the 1897-98 season.

However, we've done 11 on the bounce (league and cup) in 1914

1914.jpg

That team was so good they started a World War soon after to stop us 😉

• Like 2

Its been fantastic up till now but I hope this run doesn't have negative connotations in regards to the main goal of going up. 

We have earned the right to be able to rest some of our big hitters these next 2 games; We really should take advantage here rather than going all in to chase the record and risk tiredness for the games that matter.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brommy said:

For not making it 11 consecutive wins? Harsh. Very harsh.

No Dirty Leeds for constant fouling and cheating and doing everything (and succeeding) to stop us playing and stop us winning. 

The Grim Reaper is only poised though.  We meet the in the playoffs and the blood will be flowing out of the open door, no problem. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

No Dirty Leeds for constant fouling and cheating and doing everything (and succeeding) to stop us playing and stop us winning. 

The Grim Reaper is only poised though.  We meet the in the playoffs and the blood will be flowing out of the open door, no problem. 

I knew I should have included a wink in my response to your ‘scumbags’ post! :flag:

• Haha 1

It had to come to an end sometime obviously.

I know it's probably not likely we would've have won with 11 men but it's a shame that our winning streak had to come to an end through such blatant cheating.

5 hours ago, Mantis said:

It had to come to an end sometime obviously.

I know it's probably not likely we would've have won with 11 men but it's a shame that our winning streak had to come to an end through such blatant cheating.

It makes a nice narrative, though. "Our winning streak was so strong they had to cheat to stop it!"

• Like 1

Well, we know what we have to face now in the play offs and Albion too can be a bit physical....they like to get in your face and mix it....we need to be ready for that.

When we are on our game and the first touches go in and the passing improves and players run in to dangerous positions, we seem to be able to negate being "clattered" to a degree....but when we are not and we move the ball slowly and the running off the ball is less frequent, we do seem to be suseptible to the " clatter".....In short we get caught in possession and our game becomes untidy and incohesive and more players become less interested.

If we move the ball quicker opposing players struggle to get to "clatter" us.....and as we are a team (with the odd exception) that is shy/reluctant to "clatter" back....we need to be on our game.