Winning streak

MikeMcKenna

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Man City have the record for the longest run of consecutive wins in the league - last year in fact, when they won 15 on the trot.

Does the playoffs count as league or would it carry on until next season?

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Does the playoffs count as league or would it carry on until next season?

Don't think playoffs will count, not part of the home and away against all the teams format. So max we could win on the bounce will be 12 this season (for league games). I'd take losing with a weakened team though if it meant we were all rested and had a better chance in the playoffs. Doubt Smith will do it though, poss only McGinn to make sure he's not suspended. 

On that note how does the yellow card suspension stuff work in the playoffs?

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Don't think playoffs will count, not part of the home and away against all the teams format. So max we could win on the bounce will be 12 this season (for league games). I'd take losing with a weakened team though if it meant we were all rested and had a better chance in the playoffs. Doubt Smith will do it though, poss only McGinn to make sure he's not suspended. 

On that note how does the yellow card suspension stuff work in the playoffs?

I *think* that getting two more yellow cards in the next two league games would result in a three match suspension including the playoffs. If he he doesn’t get to 15 before the end of the Norwich game, then the slate is wiped clean in time for the first leg of the POs. 

• Like 2