Winning streak

MikeMcKenna

22 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

You’d know it if you heard it. It’s Once In A Lifetime by Talking Heads. Have a listen, it’s a belter, but I bet you’ve heard it loads it’s from 1980! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 8pints said:

Image result for aston villa 1910

Are those the keepers at the back in the middle? I hope the one on the left is the reserve.  It looks like the only thing he could save was some cold game pie for high tea washed down with 10 pints of Winkles Old Thrumper ale. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

You’d know it if you heard it. It’s Once In A Lifetime by Talking Heads. Have a listen, it’s a belter, but I bet you’ve heard it loads it’s from 1980! 

I vividly remember the first time I heard it and saw the video. It was completely otherworldly.  The only other song that made me feel like that was when I first heard Life on Mars, some songs just seem to come from somewhere completely different even for their time. 

Anyhoo, back on topic. 

As someone else said it would be brilliant after all the negative club records which have tumbled over the last few years if we broke a positive one.  We the long suffering fans deserve it for all the round after round after round of shit sandwiches we've had to eat the last few years.  It's our time. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I vividly remember the first time I heard it and saw the video. It was completely otherworldly.  The only other song that made me feel like that was when I first heard Life on Mars, some songs just seem to come from somewhere completely different even for their time. 

Anyhoo, back on topic. 

As someone else said it would be brilliant after all the negative club records which have tumbled over the last few years if we broke a positive one.  We the long suffering fans deserve it for all the round after round after round of shit sandwiches we've had to eat the last few years.  It's our time. 

You’re right, that season when the poo hit the propeller we broke all kinds of records for all the wrong reasons. It’s nice to have some positivity again. Those were dark days, but I think even if we were to lose in the playoffs, most fans would appreciate the direction we’re going in and have have patience for next season. 

Also, totally agree re Talking Heads track, and Life on Mars, similar to Pet Sounds and other timeless albums; they seem to come from another world.

• Like 1

https://images.app.goo.gl/xMVD5AeEjTg6LjJm8

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think that's Billy George - second most appearances of any Villa keeper, owner of a simply magnificent moustache and one of the best of his era.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_George_(footballer,_born_1874)

Unless you mean the other fella, in which case I have no idea.

Still a fat git. 

Then again no matter how great the keeper, 

Southall.jpg

Edited by sidcow

Breaking good records instead of bad ones, yes this must be the place. For a while, we stopped making sense and were cruising down a road to nowhere, but Dean and the lads have a once in a lifetime chance to set a bold new record of 10 wins. The team are playing like slippery people, and if we get promoted, I am burning down the house.

Edited by AJ
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, AJ said:

Breaking good records instead of bad ones, yes this must be the place. For a while, we stopped making sense and were cruising down a road to nowhere, but Dean and the lads have a once in a lifetime chance to set a bold new record of 10 wins. The team are playing like slippery people, and if we get promoted, I am burning down the house.

Easy pun missed there. Disappointing. 3/10

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 8pints said:

Image result for aston villa 1910

Is it me or is that trophy severly bent, the leaning trophy.

Reminds me of the crooked house in himley Dudley. 

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 2