Winning streak

MikeMcKenna

26 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Friggin heck!! Long Time no hear. The eighties were amongst if not the greatest decade for music.

Oh hell no, 80’s for the most part makes me want to tear my ears off, the reverb on the snares were out of control! 

On topic, woo winning streak is awesome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Oh hell no, 80’s for the most part makes me want to tear my ears off, the reverb on the snares were out of control! 

On topic, woo winning streak is awesome.

You're completely out of tune Tommo.

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Friggin heck!! Long Time no hear. The eighties were amongst if not the greatest decade for music.

Also one of the greatest decades for football 🙂 Especially the early part.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cbb5331623237626f

Dean Smith team talk before the play offs "When only a few of us are left, we will feel an irresistible pull towards a far away league, to fight for The Prize'

On 19/04/2019 at 20:57, sidcow said:

Are those the keepers at the back in the middle? I hope the one on the left is the reserve.  It looks like the only thing he could save was some cold game pie for high tea washed down with 10 pints of Winkles Old Thrumper ale. 

They are Billy George and Arthur Cartlidge. Appearances can be deceptive! ;) Billy played for us 401 times and won 3 England caps. Arthur played 55 games for us between the sticks. 

• Thanks 1

On 20/04/2019 at 11:03, Dave-R said:

Is it me or is that trophy severly bent, the leaning trophy.

Reminds me of the crooked house in himley Dudley. 

It is The Lord Mayor of Birmingham's Charity Cup. We won it 30 times. It does look bent doesn't it? It doesn't in earlier and subsequent pictures taken of it in Villa team photographs though. We held the trophy from 1903 to 1912, other than in 1907 & 1908, when SHA took care of it. To quote Father Ted, "Tom, do you know the phrase 'To take care of something'? Well, I realise now that you meant that in a sort of Al Pacino way. Whereas I was thinking more along the lines of Julie Andrews." I guess we probably did the decent thing and had it repaired after they had "taken care of it". ;)

• Like 1

we should easily smash these records with the players we have and the division we are in.  rEmemeber even the much maligned Neil Taylor is a full international with many caps.

one to fifteen we piss on all the other teams squads including norwich and leeds. Only injuries have stopped us adding the championship championship to our many trophy cabinets.

we only need to change up a gear for 10 mins and it's game over. I fear none of them. no one can live with us.

ping it around with arrogance.

get those collars up. get the swagger on.

lets smash this record and in 100 years we can take the piss out of mings haircut and jacks beard.

poor fat keeper getting rinsed😀

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, John said:

It is The Lord Mayor of Birmingham's Charity Cup. We won it 30 times. It does look bent doesn't it? It doesn't in earlier and subsequent pictures taken of it in Villa team photographs though. We held the trophy from 1903 to 1912, other than in 1907 & 1908, when SHA took care of it. To quote Father Ted, "Tom, do you know the phrase 'To take care of something'? Well, I realise now that you meant that in a sort of Al Pacino way. Whereas I was thinking more along the lines of Julie Andrews." I guess we probably did the decent thing and had it repaired after they had "taken care of it". ;)

Looks like it isn't sat properly on the wooden base causing it to lean at an angle although it wouldn't be the first trophy to get bent/broken over the years

• Like 1

On 19/04/2019 at 12:51, MikeMcKenna said:

Is that the best ever for Villa

In one season in one competition - yes.

5 games  at end of 1896/97 season + Cup SF & Cup Final

First 4 games of 1897/98

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

The Lord Mayor of Birmingham's Charity Cup ?? Don't think so - it bears a damn good likeness to the English Football League Trophy. And as you can see - it is meant to look like that due to the posed figurine on top. The picture was undoubtedly of the double season team - hence the number of officials in the pic. And the number of trophies

Screen Shot 04-21-19 at 12.09 PM.PNG

Edited by SirSteveUK
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

The Lord Mayor of Birmingham's Charity Cup ?? Don't think so - it bears a damn good likeness to the English Football League Trophy. And as you can see - it is meant to look like that due to the posed figurine on top. The picture was undoubtedly of the double season team - hence the number of officials in the pic. And the number of trophies

Screen Shot 04-21-19 at 12.09 PM.PNG

I think they might have been talking about the trophy to the left, mate. You know, the one that's clearly on the wonk :D 

Image result for birmingham charity cup

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, John said:

They are Billy George and Arthur Cartlidge. Appearances can be deceptive! ;) Billy played for us 401 times and won 3 England caps. Arthur played 55 games for us between the sticks. 

Arthur Cartlidge? presumably always injured

• Like 2
  • Haha 1