Stephen Yaxley-Lennon

StefanAVFC

I find it incredible just how much spin Farage an co can put on things like the milkshake stuff, saying it's "radicalised" people etc - when he's said he'd go get a rifle if Brexit isn't delivered. 

It's amazing how many likes and followers he has on social media and it's crazy how much people stick up for him.  

When he's challenged about his funding he just says "no one asks about the tories funding" - that's not the question put to him, just merely deflecting and people gobble it up.

When he's challenged about being an "average bloke", despite being a city banker with millions of pounds, his followers just say "it's not the point!"

What exactly do they stand to gain from voting for this cretin? 

Absolute poison. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

What exactly do they stand to gain from voting for this cretin? 

Absolute poison. 

He is poison yes.

But he's a result of decades of crap politicians and crap journalism doing nothing very much for people at the same time as the BBC and the newspapers have treated him like a superstar. 

In some ways you can't blame him, it's easy pickings. Imagine if the Green party were given the same publicity he's been given over the last 10 years. I've mentioned it before but just one example, 2 rallies here, one is the Brexit Party where 700 turn up, one is a remain rally where about 2 or 3 thousand turn up. The Brexit rally was put on the tv news.

The Green Party membership here is doubling and doubling again, packed out meeting. Someone throws a milkshake at Farage, he's all over the news again.

He has been made in to the news. 'They' decided really early on that he is the story. His party was receiving wall to wall coverage before it was even registered with the electoral commission. They've received 100,000 anonymous donations of at least £25 each via a paypal account. They claim to have raised a million pound 11 days after forming the company, Brexit Party Limited has no members, Farage alone selects the candidates.

They were leafleting here a month ago. To date, theirs are the only leaflets we've received and the election is less than 48 hours away.

I'd have to say, the message he's selling is a little more clear than Labour's or the tory's.

I mean, in its own way, it is impressive.

But don't worry, a year or two after this election on Thursday, we can have a bit of an investigation in to it.

Never forget Cameron and May the last two tory Prime Ministers have brought us here with their promisess of strength and stability. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

he just says "no one asks about the tories funding" - that's not the question put to him, just merely deflecting

You are correct, it's deflecting

He is correct, no-one asks the Tories about their funding (and it's pretty dodgy in itself)

20 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Never forget Cameron and May the last two tory Prime Ministers have brought us here with their promisess of strength and stability. 

Oh without a doubt.  I think it's fairly well known that Dave Cameron (who I admit, I did like... for some reason) went to Brussels and said "hahaha, don't worry about Brexit, it'll never happen! hahaha". 

The vote was only put out, to get a bit of support for them, and to keep them in power for another 6 months to a year.. I think it's fairy safe to say, it's looked at some points like they are entirely unelectable, for a number of years - but then we know this country for some reason loves to shaft itself for no reason.. 

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

You are correct, it's deflecting

He is correct, no-one asks the Tories about their funding (and it's pretty dodgy in itself)

Oh yea, I have no doubt no one is asking that question to the Tories, but that wasn't the question posed to HIM. 

If he's so squeaky clean, man of the people, average joe, like he wants to appear, he wouldn't have any problem with transparency and this line of questions.  But to just refuse to even answer what is a straight forward question, is very telling. 

This country needs transparency, and all we appear to be getting is smoke.  It's pretty shameful, especially after the expenses scandal all those years ago (now). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xann said:

They pulled it!

That's a shock, it was clearly from James Goddard's own camera

Getting legged by a bunch of housewives and him calling Liverpool a shithole is not going to get SYL and more support

• 3 weeks later...

So our tommy is out in Portugal with England fans

video of him surrounded by his goons, behind 2 blokes, verbals being exchanged, 1 bloke turns and gets floored by Tommy, video today of him saying the guy was threatening his wife (who is nowhere to be seen in any of this) video ends with lads trying to have their picture taken with him like some celebrity 

not sure which part of it is worse, the social media response today of yeah any bloke would do the same if his wife was threatened fair play tommy is ridiculous, there seems to be a growing amount of approval for him sparking out a bloke more or less from behind because he took the piss out of him, not a clue what this guy has to do before some people open their eyes to what he is (or scarier they know exactly what he is and idolise him for it) he's an utter bellend taking other bellends for a ride

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

So our tommy is out in Portugal with England fans

video of him surrounded by his goons, behind 2 blokes, verbals being exchanged, 1 bloke turns and gets floored by Tommy, video today of him saying the guy was threatening his wife (who is nowhere to be seen in any of this) video ends with lads trying to have their picture taken with him like some celebrity 

not sure which part of it is worse, the social media response today of yeah any bloke would do the same if his wife was threatened fair play tommy is ridiculous, there seems to be a growing amount of approval for him sparking out a bloke more or less from behind because he took the piss out of him, not a clue what this guy has to do before some people open their eyes to what he is (or scarier they know exactly what he is and idolise him for it) he's an utter bellend taking other bellends for a ride

The video is in the Kippers thread

• Like 1

Back in the mid-1980s, when English football was a wild, rust-caked, occasionally frightening place, a group of Leeds United supporters noticed that the National Front had gained a small but significant foothold around Elland Road.

Football was seen as a fertile seeding ground for far-right politics. On matchdays the NF had begun to sell its magazine, Bulldog, outside the ground. They became a visible presence, gained a little traction, took a share of the day.

Eventually there was a reaction. Rob Conlon wrote an excellent article about this on the website Planet Fútbol a couple of years ago, recalling the founding of the fanzine Marching Altogether, which staged its own counter-campaign.

Grauniad

I don't really care for football and even less so as a younger man. No really, I come here for off topic. Regardless, in the 80s I attended a Leeds match versus Shrewsbury Town at Elland Road. I was with a mate from Leeds but was and am a Shrews supporter but we were in the home end. Prior to going in I was completely alarmed at the number of NF or similar outside selling their literature without a raised eyebrow. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Â