Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, av1 said:

I know the exchange of cash filled envelopes is not uncommon in the world of football but i can't see us paying £7m more than a guy is worth simply to get a permit?

No, I don’t think so either.

By virtue of the fact that £15m has been the quoted price for him previously in the media, when linked to other European clubs. FC Brugge fans are very happy to get £20m for him as barring him going to play in China, they never expected to get that much.

Edited by useless

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Greg Taylor could be worth a look. He is Scottish 21 year old - Kilmarnock Left Back. He is another that has impressed me last season.

He has made his Scottish international debut vs Belgium  last Tuesday 11th June..

Rumours are Hull, Rangers & Celtic are all monitoring him

Ha this one made me smile. I was going to mention him last week and was wondering if our Scottish scout would get there first...

I first saw him play for Scotland in the under 20 toulon tournament two years ago, they actually beat Brazil 1-0 (Oli Burke also played). He was easily their best player in the tournament and has stepped up with ease for Kilmarnock. Also looked decent against Hazard in the week.

I'd love someone like Kieran Tierney but seems he's Celtic daft and in any case would cost 20m + so Taylor would be a McGinn type bargain and could be just as good in a year or two.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

We found a gem in McGinn but you'd imagine Scotland would be a lot better if there was as much talent there as this thread seems to think there is.

They do have some decent players, Robertson more than played his part in the CL win, Ryan Fraser is pretty good in premier league and McTominay was probably Man. United's best player in the run in.

As ever mentality massively holds Scotland back. They wallow in near misses and heartbreak.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

What does your head tell you when you think of a price for Maupay? Forget the fact that you're a Brentford fan.

That's a difficult one, obviously biased, but if I didn't support them I would say £25 million top, due to the fact he still has 2 years to run on his contract but you have to remember with the silly amount of money in the Premiership courtesy of Sky, the price will always be pushed upwards, so of course clubs will try and ask the maximum amount, they might not get it, but it's worth a try, I think Villa missed the boat in January when they could have got him for about £15 million, I think your boat could have sailed at that price, but if he does eventually go to you he will be going to a good club with DS at the helm and he will only get better, Us Bees fans are used to losing our top players so we have got use to it, we will find other gems. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, useless said:

By virtue of the fact that £15m has been the quoted price for him previously in the media, when linked to other European clubs. FC Brugge fans are very happy to get £20m for him as barring him going to play in China, they never expected to get that much.

As with Darren Bent (circa £24m), the media price is probably with add ons. £17m base fee seems a reasonable ball park figure plus £5m add ons. 

12 minutes ago, jonjon said:

, Us Bees fans are used to losing our top players so we have got use to it, we will find other gems. 

Where does the money go at your place? You seem to bring in huge amounts of money every year in sales and i wouldn't imagine your wage bill is out of control so why haven't you got the money to have a real shot at promotion?

16 minutes ago, jonjon said:

That's a difficult one, obviously biased, but if I didn't support them I would say £25 million top, due to the fact he still has 2 years to run on his contract but you have to remember with the silly amount of money in the Premiership courtesy of Sky, the price will always be pushed upwards, so of course clubs will try and ask the maximum amount, they might not get it, but it's worth a try, I think Villa missed the boat in January when they could have got him for about £15 million, I think your boat could have sailed at that price, but if he does eventually go to you he will be going to a good club with DS at the helm and he will only get better, Us Bees fans are used to losing our top players so we have got use to it, we will find other gems. 

I think the real interesting bit is how Brentford will handle it if he demands a move, i.e. accept a low ball offer or be stuck with an unhappy player on decreasing market value. 

If Sevilla actually have bid € 10 million that could very quickly be a real scenario. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

36 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Jonjon, do you think Brentford would sell Said Benrahma for 20 million?

No, I think he's worth every penny and more, He has 3 years left on his contract,  I personally think he's the better of the two, its his first season here and he has done so well, I think next season he will be even better,  moving up tho the Premiership will not bother him at all, in fact I think it could be the making of him, we all know Villa got tucked up with Hogan but he is a different kettle of fish, he is a work horse with very quick feet and an eye for goal, as well as a good provider.

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Where does the money go at your place? You seem to bring in huge amounts of money every year in sales and i wouldn't imagine your wage bill is out of control so why haven't you got the money to have a real shot at promotion?

Unlike you and all other Championship clubs we have a very small ground with no corporate facilities or other source of income, our wages bill and all out goings are probably the same as most other Championship clubs, we are also paying for our new stadium, your ground hold 4 times the amount as ours, therefore you generate so much more income, it's our player sales that keeps us afloat, Hopefully when we move into our brand new stadium next year we will be able to hang on to our best players through increased revenue.

5 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Unlike you and all other Championship clubs we have a very small ground with no corporate facilities or other source of income, our wages bill and all out goings are probably the same as most other Championship clubs, we are also paying for our new stadium, your ground hold 4 times the amount as ours, therefore you generate so much more income, it's our player sales that keeps us afloat, Hopefully when we move into our brand new stadium next year we will be able to hang on to our best players through increased revenue.

I am generally supriser no club has grabbed your scouting network. Id say its one of the best in the country. 

49 minutes ago, useless said:

Really? 

12 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think the real interesting bit is how Brentford will handle it if he demands a move, i.e. accept a low ball offer or be stuck with an unhappy player on decreasing market value. 

I think we will handle it the same as we handled James Tarkowski who refused to play when he knew Burnley came in for him a couple of years ago, he was suspended and put out to train with the B team until Burnley came back with an offer that was suitable to both parties, Most players don't want to cause trouble over a move as it then brands them as a "trouble maker" and does nothing but harm to their career, I feel confident that the club will handle it all in their stride should it come to that.

5 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I think we will handle it the same as we handled James Tarkowski who refused to play when he knew Burnley came in for him a couple of years ago, he was suspended and put out to train with the B team until Burnley came back with an offer that was suitable to both parties, Most players don't want to cause trouble over a move as it then brands them as a "trouble maker" and does nothing but harm to their career, I feel confident that the club will handle it all in their stride should it come to that.

That's not my experience haha

43 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I agree, I think £25m would be the top end of his valuation. I'm not too bothered about not getting him for £15m in January as who knows what that signing could've done to our eventual promotion. We may have saved £10m on a signing but lost the £100m+ by missing out on promotion. I'll stick with where we are now. 🙂

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am generally supriser no club has grabbed your scouting network. Id say its one of the best in the country. 

We are happy with it, but It would be difficult because several of them formally worked for our owner who owns Smart Odds who provide statistical research and sports modeling for pro gamblers, he also own FC Midtjyland the Danish cup holders and one of our DOF'S is also a director of that club, so you see it's a closely knit and very much in house unit that would be difficult to break up.