Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

On 29/06/2019 at 09:43, sir_gary_cahill said:

I watch it every week without fail, do you watch it?

And you still come to the conclusion that Austin, who's approaching 30, is said to have the knees of an 80yr old and has never been prolific would be a good signing for us. 

Are you sure you're watching?

11 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

And you still come to the conclusion that Austin, who's approaching 30, is said to have the knees of an 80yr old and has never been prolific would be a good signing for us. 

And Redmond is one of the best wingers in the PL 😂

1 hour ago, villan_007 said:

In 14/15 for QPR, he was outstanding, in my opinion, Smith would get the best out of him, although we do seem to going for younger players. Austin is a natural goalscorer I think, give him service and he will score goals. Yes, I do watch it villan_007, do you? I’m obsessed 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

And Redmond is one of the best wingers in the PL 😂

I think he’s class, always have done, I’d take him here in a heartbeat, you wouldn’t? He’s another that Smith would get the best out of 

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

In 14/15 for QPR, he was outstanding, in my opinion, Smith would get the best out of him, although we do seem to going for younger players. Austin is a natural goalscorer I think, give him service and he will score goals. Yes, I do watch it villan_007, do you? I’m obsessed 

Oh yeah love it.

Austin is the type of mistake we've been making for the past 10 yrs. We do need another striker. For me it's not Austin. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’s class, always have done, I’d take him here in a heartbeat, you wouldn’t? He’s another that Smith would get the best out of 

Be serious please. 6 goals 4 assists in 34 basically playing up front last season and 1 goal and 3 assists in 31 the previous season. How can you justify this statement

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Obviously it’s nonsese, but imagine if we did sell SJMG for £50m... our transfer kitty suddenly is £200m instead of £150m... that’s a nice figure.

I wouldn’t sell him for any money 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Be serious please. 6 goals 4 assists in 34 basically playing up front last season and 1 goal and 3 assists in 31 the previous season. How can you justify this statement

He’s direct, quick, jinky and has a trick or 2 in his locker. He’s a local lad and he’s played once for England. He played every game for Southampton in the league last season, he’s someone I’ve always admired 

19 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s direct, quick, jinky and has a trick or 2 in his locker. He’s a local lad and he’s played once for England. He played every game for Southampton in the league last season, he’s someone I’ve always admired 

And his returns are appalling. Let it go

https://mobile.twitter.com/kanegstyles/status/1117078636568489985

Edited by Kiwivillan

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why has he played for England all of the way up from u16s when I first saw him to the full side then? The coaches obviously saw something in him. As for the zulu sign, he’s obviously trying to wind the crowd up, you don’t see that much these days, I think it’s good

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why has he played for England all of the way up from u16s when I first saw him to the full side then? The coaches obviously saw something in him. As for the zulu sign, he’s obviously trying to wind the crowd up, you don’t see that much these days, I think it’s good

7 goals and 7 assists as an attacking player in 65 games in 2 seasons. I'd could probably find CBs that came near that tally. Thankfully he's not for sale and I wouldn't want him. My last post on the matter 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

I’m surprised we never went in for Rico Henry .... maybe we have thought he would be on our radar. 

I guess that if we did, we might not have liked their usual £20m price tag for him...

So based on whisper, rumour, ITK, facts and signings, if we started with the team below at Spurs on 10 August, would we all be happy?

............................................Butland............................................

Guilbert...........Webster.....................Mings................Targett

..........................................Phillips.............................................

..........................Grealish...................McGinn..........................

Benrahma........................Wesley.............................El Ghazi

Bench:  Steer, Hause, Elmo, Hourihane, Jota, Davis, Kodjia

It wouldn't be a bad team to start our new season would it?   Probably will look nothing like this anyway, but I was bored this morning. :flag:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

So based on whisper, rumour, ITK, facts and signings, if we started with the team below at Spurs on 10 August, would we all be happy?

............................................Butland............................................

Guilbert...........Webster.....................Mings................Targett

..........................................Phillips.............................................

..........................Grealish...................McGinn..........................

Benrahma........................Wesley.............................El Ghazi

Bench:  Steer, Hause, Elmo, Hourihane, Jota, Davis, Kodjia

It wouldn't be a bad team to start our new season would it?   Probably will look nothing like this anyway, but I was bored this morning. :flag:

That is one very inexperienced PL team. It’s also quite diminutive. I don’t know enough about any of the players but I guess we have to trust the management. Four key players from last year in it which is important.

16 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

That is one very inexperienced PL team. It’s also quite diminutive. I don’t know enough about any of the players but I guess we have to trust the management. Four key players from last year in it which is important.

Watford and Wolves have been extremely successful with "inexperienced PL players". What does that even mean? Sounds like lingo that keeps dinosaurs in management 5 years ago but most PL teams have moved on

@sir_gary_cahill why do you want us to sign crap players ? Austin is busted, old & pointless. Desmond is a dirty bluenose and the sum they would want for him as they are not looking to sell would be over £20million. @Villan4Life Suggestion of Remi Oudin is a good shout. Younger , better , cheaper and not a bluenose . 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Diminutive? I wouldnt say so; Butland 6”5’, Webster 6”3’, Mings 6”5’, Targett 6”0’, Wesley 6”3’, El Ghazi 6”2’ ... others are under 6ft but I wouldn’t say that would be a particularly short team.

Edited by alreadyexists