Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Assuming Targett is done and dusted, Wesley gets his work permit, Mings eventually gets over the line, and Butland or some other GK is signed...

Then our massive, massive priority should be a defensive midfielder, and I would like to see us push out the boat here, because it really could decide our season.

Who have we been linked with? And who should we be looking at?

Edited by KentVillan

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah the home grown in our squad could be:

Butland, Steer, hause, Grealish, targett,  Mings, Webster.

Still would need 1 more for English quota, but that could be green, Ramsey, Revan etc?

Pretty sure players can count as both homegrown at club and homegrown within country...so Grealish, Davis, Steer, Hause, Chester, Green, Lansbury, Taylor plus say Ramsey would fill our criteria (included one extra in case one is wrong!). Ramsey, Green, Grealish And Davis fulfil the youth academy ones. 

In other words it shouldn’t affect our recruitment 

10 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Assuming Targett is done and dusted, Wesley gets his work permit, Mings eventually gets over the line, and Butland or some other GK is signed...

Then our massive, massive priority should be a defensive midfielder, and I would like to see us push out the boat here, because it really could decide our season.

Who have we been linked with? And who should we be looking at?

Even if Mings signs we need another DC without question.

In terms of defensive mid links Ibthink Phillips, rongier, nakakala or whatever his name is and that santamaria dude?, habe all been linked.

4 minutes ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

Pretty sure players can count as both homegrown at club and homegrown within country...so Grealish, Davis, Steer, Hause, Chester, Green, Lansbury, Taylor plus say Ramsey would fill our criteria (included one extra in case one is wrong!). Ramsey, Green, Grealish And Davis fulfil the youth academy ones. 

In other words it shouldn’t affect our recruitment 

ye good point.

If our management have anything about them, they will have spent the last few days getting deals done, in time to bring players in for a medical today and tomorrow.

Imagine how impressed these players will be at Costa Del Brum with 30 degrees heat!

43 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

ah kk, ye wasnt sure if he was born in england but eligible for wales through parents/grandparents or whatever, kinda like Taylor?

either way, doesnt rly matter :)

Taylor was born and raised in Ruthin which is very much Welsh with plenty of Welsh speakers. He went through the Man City youth system before moving to the Wrexham youth academy (my hometown club), Wrexham are very much a proud Welsh club but have played in the English leagues from very early on, (and also very proud to be playing within the English league system too,) Birmingham and District League from 1905/06 season. As much as people rag on Taylor, he very much counts to our quota from all angles. 

Edited by Wezbid

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Even if Mings signs we need another DC without question.

In terms of defensive mid links Ibthink Phillips, rongier, nakakala or whatever his name is and that santamaria dude?, habe all been linked.

Yeah agree we need another CB, but with Mings we can at least put a team out. We have no options at DM, unless you count Hourihane who will be so out of his depth it'll be painful to watch. Hope Kalvin Phillips is good enough.

6 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Yeah agree we need another CB, but with Mings we can at least put a team out. We have no options at DM, unless you count Hourihane who will be so out of his depth it'll be painful to watch. Hope Kalvin Phillips is good enough.

oh of course yeah i agree, we desperately need a DM, probably 2 DMC's tbh, as i dont think we could get away with Hourihane as backup DM in the Prem, Hourihane needs to compete for the Grealish/McGinn midfield slot, not the DM.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

how good were Fulhams major signings from last season?

Seri?, Anguissa?, Mawson?, Bryan?

Any worth poaching?!?!

I thought Mawson looked good for Swansea, even when they went down but maybe that was partly skewed by the fact he was good attacking corners and such. I don't think he really got a proper run at Fulham but I could be wrong. I'd be looking for better as a 1st choice but as a back up he'd be absolutely fine if you ask me. 

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

See this signing confuses me. £ 15 **** million for Che Adams? I'd be suicidal. 

Burnley signed Ben Gibson for 15 million last season. Adams scored 22 goals and 42% contribution in all his teams goals last season. I think you're out of touch with PL transfer fees

19 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

how good were Fulhams major signings from last season?

Seri?, Anguissa?, Mawson?, Bryan?

Any worth poaching?!?!

At least if we went for Bryan we wouldnt need to fork out for the publicity photos, just use last years.

• Like 1