The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

44 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

They interviewed Shane Warne this morning on Radio 4. Yes, the bald Aussie cricket bloke.

His view was that Boris is great and we should just get on with it.

To be fair I felt he knew more about it than Mark Francois does.

Certainly knows a thing or two about spinning a load of balls hahaha 

Spoiler

cricket GIF  oooh yeah

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

They interviewed Shane Warne this morning on Radio 4. Yes, the bald Aussie cricket bloke.

His view was that Boris is great and we should just get on with it.

To be fair I felt he knew more about it than Mark Francois does.

This baby knows more about brexit than Mark Francois: 

surprised baby GIF

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChrisVillan said:

BBC Politics department are Collaborators. 

No, they aren't.

It's not, unless you can objectively provide evidence that someone is working with some sort of an enemy, acceptable to use that kind of language - even if it's just batting back the shit that other people come up with.

I'm sorry but that kind of shit boils my **** piss.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Part of the BBC’s charter now, to out people that get the better of our ridiculous liar of a PM

She really is a disgrace. She toned it down for a few weeks when people started booing her, but of course, there’s an election coming and those exclusive one to one interviews don’t happen by luck. You gotta earn your place.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Part of the BBC’s charter now, to out people that get the better of our ridiculous liar of a PM

She really is a disgrace. She toned it down for a few weeks when people started booing her, but of course, there’s an election coming and those exclusive one to one interviews don’t happen by luck. You gotta earn your place.

Well how about that. 

Kuenssberg being as awful as ever. 

At least the veil of respectability is gone. Once her ludicrous bias and shoddy journalism was pooh-poohed as sour grapes. Nobody can argue that these days. She's basically the leading light of government spin.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

She didn't "out" him. He (a media savvy political activist) sought to debate the PM in front of the press, and then "outed" himself on a publicly visible social media account under his real name. He hasn't said anything since to suggest that he wanted his story or his identity kept private.

I can't stand Kuenssberg, but she's done nothing wrong here.

(Edit: and just to clarify, the guy has done nothing wrong either. Smearing him as a plant or a stooge or whatever is nonsense. But LK had every right to say who he was.)

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

While I'm sympathetic to the above, it only holds water if we see the same breathless revelations from the other direction.

So when assorted members of the Question Time audience are revealed to to be UKIP, NF or Conservative "activists", where are her excited Tweets on that?

That’s a strange argument. It’s part of her job to communicate about things she’s at and covering. It’s not part of her job to communicate about pre recorded tv shows she’s not present at. And if the problem with QT was that people who were activists were being allowed to speak without us knowing at the time that they were activists, then surely LK reporting that someone is an activist, at the time, is right/better?

If it was the other way round, and it was some throbby UKIPer or Tory talking to Corbz, wouldn't you want the BBC to repoprt that "the man haranguing Corbyn is a Tory activist"? - we're smart enough to be able to speperate a complaint from the politics of the person making it, aren't we? You can be both a Labour supporter and have experience of hospital staffing levels, or whatever.

Because of the BBC need to demonstrate balance, when the man with the sick child outed himself as a Labour activist, she probably felt obligated to report that. Most sensible folk would be able to understand he was there because his son was ill, not because he votes or campaigns for whichever party. That his points to Johnson were regarding his sons treatment etc.

All these angry twitter tramp folk going ape at LK are missing the point completely. PM lies on camera, NHS resourcing complaints - “I know let’s call LK names and get all self righteousness about her”

Edited by blandy
a bit added - I had to go out
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

She didn't "out" him. He (a media savvy political activist) sought to debate the PM in front of the press, and then "outed" himself on a publicly visible social media account under his real name. He hasn't said anything since to suggest that he wanted his story or his identity kept private.

I can't stand Kuenssberg, but she's done nothing wrong here.

(Edit: and just to clarify, the guy has done nothing wrong either. Smearing him as a plant or a stooge or whatever is nonsense. But LK had every right to say who he was.)

I watched three BBC news reports yesterday and listened to a BBC radio news item this morning where they stated he was a Labour activist.

None of those reports, not one of them, mentioned he was there because he was the father of a sick child.

It is not the job of Laura, or the BBC to get the defence in early for Boris Johnson.

If it came out in the extended version of discussion on the subject that the guy is Labour, that's fine. But it's been the main hook of the story. Other ways they could have gone:

The PM is too busy with Brexit to bother having a parliament, yet found time to do a campaign visit to a hospital.

The PM is so addicted to lying he says there are no press, just loud enough to be heard over all the shutter noise.

The father of an ill child had a go at the PM

I'll wait to see what research they do on the political allegiance of the next vox popper that says something positive about Boris. Who knows, perhaps they'll start telling us where they get their planted people from on Question Time.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 3

Â