Racism Part two

Demitri_C

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Seriously though how could anybody think people would just sit and watch a Churchill Statue ... getting vandalised? 

There have been anti-capitalist protests every May Day in London for decades. That statue gets graffitied at pretty much every one of them.

What's different about last Saturday that means that these dickbags come out in force now, but had kept them away for every May Day protest?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hope you’re right mate. 

Todays scenes scare me. 

Feels like we are going backwards as a nation :(

If we think like this we will. Let these thugs gavd their day. We rise above hate and continue as we are leaving this in the shadows and the past.

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

There have been anti-capitalist protests every May Day in London for decades. That statue gets graffitied at pretty much every one of them.

What's different about last Saturday that means that these dickbags come out in force now, but had kept them away for every May Day protest?

The media attention meant they found out about it I guess?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Bugger - repeat post from earlier - soz - but what a fitting image...

Drank too much Stella Partois

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's a bit of an undercurrent in here of people blaming today's "protests" on last week's protests. Which is irritating at the very least.

I find it irritating that people can’t accept it’s a mindless few at last weeks protests that has led to what has happened today. These racist c**ts would have not have come out today had it not been for the churchill and memorial vandalism. I genuinely believe that. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I find it irritating that people can’t accept it’s a mindless few at last weeks protests that has led to what has happened today. These racist c**ts would have not have come out today had it not been for the churchill and memorial vandalism. I genuinely believe that. 

I disagree. These words removed would have been out at some point even if the BLM protests had zero issues. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

These racist c**ts would have not have come out today had it not been for the churchill and memorial vandalism. I genuinely believe that. 

TBF - that implies that they understand that Churchill helped defeat fascists - yet they are themselves fascists. I think a load of scummy racists banned by their clubs with nothing else to do, during the period BLM was getting lots of attention - I think they just needed an excuse and if not the statue, something else... 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There's a difference between a trigger and a cause/blame

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

It may have triggered it, but it absolutely did not cause it. The fermenting of hate and racism and blaming of foreigners and minorities over years has caused it,

Sorry. Cause was the wrong word. Triggered is better. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

Sorry. Cause was the wrong word. Triggered is better. 

Thanks. I think as @DCJonah said, if it hadn't been the BLM rallies, it would have been something else. Even if the BLM rallies had been 100% law abiding and not the tiniest bit of damage had occurred, I still think the whoppers would have done something like this. It's their nature.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

TBF - that implies that they understand that Churchill helped defeat fascists - yet they are themselves fascists. I think a load of scummy racists banned by their clubs with nothing else to do, during the period BLM was getting lots of attention - I think they just needed an excuse and if not the statue, something else... 

I agree they needed an excuse.  Unfortunately they were given it far too easily. Tommy Robinson lapped it up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The media attention meant they found out about it I guess?

Maybe. But your original excuse for these people was "how could anybody think people would just sit and watch a Churchill Statue ... getting vandalised?".

They do every year. 

They would have done this even if there were just black lives matter protests with zero trouble and 100% peaceful.  They would have marched with all lives matter or white lives matter. 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Just now, ml1dch said:

Maybe. But your original excuse for these people was "how could anybody think people would just sit and watch a Churchill Statue ... getting vandalised?".

They do every year. 

I honestly didn’t know Churchill’s statue got vandalised every year. The right wing gathered today probably don’t know either.  Plus their main agenda all year round is Islam taking over the world, They can’t be everywhere at once.

Â