Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

it's a really great point that's been largely overlooked. ok, we've had club captains before, but to actually publicly say that we've just signed a new CB, that doesn't speak the lingo, and decided to make him a 2nd vice captain over the previous captain is ridiculous

SG could so easily have said "emi martinez is the vice captain but mings is still part of the leadership group and ready to take the captaincy role in the event that mcginn and emi aren't playing"

I agree that it was disrespectful but English is not the first language of the majority of our first team any more. However it is the language of most of our defence so still a strange move. 

8 hours ago, supermon said:

It'd be hilarious if Mings just comes back to the side for Everton game and starts all other games, if he did then maybe it's all been blown well out of proportion 

This could all have been knocked on the head if SG had just said Mings wasn’t fully fit, you know like every other manager in football does when asked about team selection. Instead we got some cryptic nonsense which is only adding fuel to the fire.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

You have no idea though. You keep repeating it is bullshit because it doesn’t fit your narrative. Ty spoke out in an interview at the time saying he was scapegoated. Dean got sacked so didn’t need to speak about it, somebody said earlier about Dean alluding to too much power in the dressing room. How do you know that Gerrard hasn’t been given instruction to quell that power imbalance? It all speculation but you don’t know any better than I do. 

Bournemouth was terrible but it is done and gone. One thing we do know is that if the fans turn at Villa Park, it will only have a negative effect on the pitch. I’m starting to think that some folk don’t even want Gerrard to turn it around and are happier frothing in their own anger. I’m not saying you, but there will definitely those at VP who will be baying for blood at the first miskick and it’s depressing as hell.

The suggestion that Dean always had issues with Ty is bullshit, dropping him for (part of) one game when he was under pressure hardly suggests that…

This is the guy that signed him and turned his career around after all…

It’s not comparable to the SG situation and his treatment/shaming of him regarding the captaincy and his outspoken approach.

I can’t imagine any Villa fan doesn’t want us to turn things around and start winning and putting in positive performances…

I truly don’t give a shit about SG, I don’t care about him. I just want him to do a good job by making us successful and winning us games… the problem is, I am losing more and more faith & hope in him and that’s based on tangible evidence out there on that pitch. It’s a mess. That is the cause of frustration and anger, it doesn’t look like and there is nothing to suggest that we are going to have a good season after he’s had over 9 months in the job… it’s worrying.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, duke313 said:

The latest theory on Twitter on why Mings has been dropped, is that SG is punishing Mings as he blames him for City 3-2 comeback and Liverpool not winning the league 🤣

I actually can't believe this hasn't come up before! Maybe there's truth to it . . .

Without going over old ground there is obviously an issue between Tyronne and the manager. Removing him as captain and then not offering him a vice captain role and then to compound that drop him for the first game of the season screams that there is an issue. Hi comments to Radio WM just confirm it.

Its not a stretch to believe Tyronne is a popular figure in the dressing room and this treatment will rile a few senior players and you can see that Watkins might side with Mings.

The press briefings that the senior players are upset with Gerrards training and winning attitude is SGs way of shifting the blame from him to the players which again wont go down well at all.

Its interesting to see how this pans out.

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

Not in the training photos on the official site.

presume that means he is injured...

He’s on the third photo although he is clearly having an outburst of rage in the photo at his treatment by Gerrard.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

On 11/08/2022 at 01:33, supermon said:

It'd be hilarious if Mings just comes back to the side for Everton game and starts all other games, if he did then maybe it's all been blown well out of proportion 

He may not because he’s not fully fit apparently.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
Added apparently

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s on the third photo although he is clearly having an outburst of rage in the photo at his treatment from Gerrard.

Just came to post the same, also you can see him and his tattoo'd legs and arms in a photo with Sanson at around picture 27.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Just came to post the same, also you can see him and his tattoo'd legs and arms in a photo with Sanson at around picture 27.

No close ups of him training which is rare. But then there’s a close of Sanson. 

So I assume it all means nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

so how did he get injured? Has been nothing from the club to say was an injury that I have seen

I don’t know. I just heard he is injured. But then he seems to be training so it’s probably bollocks. I’m sure Gerrard will confirm in the presser. 

• Like 1

Â