Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

47 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Of course there will be when he is fit. It’s the media and fans that have blown this up. He’s part of the squad, he’s just not 100% fit. 

Feels like a perfect storm - terrible defeat and comments taken out of context that could have been phrased differently. Just blown way out of proportion. Gerrard and Ty are both consummate professionals. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Feels like a perfect storm - terrible defeat and comments taken out of context that could have been phrased differently. Just blown way out of proportion. Gerrard and Ty are both consummate professionals. 

I highly doubt the former is so professional at this stage. Master of bus throwing his players

I cant believe Gerrard didn't choose his words carefully before saying them. He obviously has an issue with Mings. We're not privy to what goes on in training and in the dressing room so its hard to form a worthwhile opinion on the rights or wrongs of this. 

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

This. How can we all see this and yet  the football management and board can't? Luiz and McGinn together doesn't work, and hasn't worked for 3 years.

I’m genuinely of the opinion that the board could have set their stall out at the start of the window to sign 3 central midfielders and nobody else and that would be the most beneficial thing they could have done for the team. 

A central defender and a striker would definitively have improved us, and Carlos may well end up being brilliant, but the 3 in the middle are our biggest downfall. Kamara will help but you could still argue we’re 2 short. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

God has backed Mings

Gabby has backed the manager

Tough choice here on who I trust more

Gabby was always shit in a one on one.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What if nobody actually likes Mings but they are all too scared of him to say anything ? So they all told Gerrard in secret. 

Thats one of the most batshit conspiracies I have read on this matter 😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Thats one of the most batshit conspiracies I have read on this matter 😝

It’s possible he isn’t liked by many.  I’ve actually heard one or two of them aren’t his biggest fans. 

I admit I took the piss with them all telling Gerrard part.

Im sure one day versions of the truth will all come out in some books

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

God has backed Mings

Gabby has backed the manager

Tough choice here on who I trust more

Mings is a God to me Zatman, he was unfairly stripped of the captaincy. Towards the end of last season, he was playing brilliantly. For the £20m we paid for him, I think he has been great value for money. Hopefully, he can strike up a great partnership with Diego Carlos now

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Mings is a God to me Zatman, he was unfairly stripped of the captaincy. Towards the end of last season, he was playing brilliantly. For the £20m we paid for him, I think he has been great value for money. Hopefully, he can strike up a great partnership with Diego Carlos now

He has he poor moments but he's a brilliant header of the ball and that's where we was weak against Bournemouth. We want players that give us 100% and he does , he's one of the only ones as well and its a big weakness of ours.

If Gerrard let's him leave this window  then it will be a big mistake. Players like Ming's don't come along very often. He would be priceless In a team with a decent defensive midfield in front of him where he could concentrate on his better parts of the game and leave the weaker areas of to them.

I don't actually think it matters who the captain IS, but it causes an unneeded distraction when you say it ISN'T someone else. Mings could have remained captain and still be dropped (and therefore McGinn captain on the day) and none of this story would have mattered. Gerrard has said a captain isnt guaranteed a start. And anyone can lead the team on the pitch, without the title of Captain.

Just another of a mountain of mistakes by Gerrard. And I'm not a massive fan of Mings and think he makes too many mistakes for where we purport to want to be.

He's also handled it badly in the media, chosen the wrong replacement and doesn't have a clue how to man-manage but I could go on...

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Except he appointed 2 x vice captains and a club captain also and none of them were Tyrone Mings. 

Yes this is the part where it turns sour. Not liking Mings as the main captain? Fine. To say he’s completely unsuitable for any leadership role at all (but a guy who doesn’t speak English and has ever played in this country before is) when he’s been the main vocal presence on the pitch for years is baffling and comes across as vindictive by Gerrard. 

Mings should have probably played in the last game but he looked iffy in preseason so it shouldn’t have been the end of the world to drop him, yet the way it’s been handled it’s now become a circus. The comments that removing him from the captaincy to relieve the pressure on him now looks absurd given the attention this is now getting. The problem now is Mings is being hyped up which will only lead to misery when he can’t live up to those impossible standards, or it will just rumble on every time he’s left out and we concede a poor goal.

Edited by david-avfc

8 minutes ago, tinker said:

He has he poor moments but he's a brilliant header of the ball and that's where we was weak against Bournemouth. We want players that give us 100% and he does , he's one of the only ones as well and its a big weakness of ours.

If Gerrard let's him leave this window  then it will be a big mistake. Players like Ming's don't come along very often. He would be priceless In a team with a decent defensive midfield in front of him where he could concentrate on his better parts of the game and leave the weaker areas of to them.

I think it’s the same for every player, they all have good and poor moments, they just have to try and minimise the poor moments. I agree with you, if we do let him leave this window, it will be a big mistake and he will be very difficult to replace. From what I’ve seen of Boubacar Kamara so far, he looks to be a very decent defensive midfielder 

2 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I don't actually think it matters who the captain IS, but it causes an unneeded distraction when you say it ISN'T someone else. Mings could have remained captain and still be dropped (and therefore McGinn captain on the day) and none of this story would have mattered. Gerrard has said a captain isnt guaranteed a start. And anyone can lead the team on the pitch, without the title of Captain.

Just another of a mountain of mistakes by Gerrard. And I'm not a massive fan of Mings and think he makes too many mistakes for where we purport to want to be.

He's also handled it badly in the media, chosen the wrong replacement and doesn't have a clue how to man-manage but I could go on...

He could have done it at a more inconspicuous time, not made comments hinting at the change months in advance, and then comments after the fact that serve no purpose other than to seemingly humiliate Mings.

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think it’s the same for every player, they all have good and poor moments, they just have to try and minimise the poor moments. I agree with you, if we do let him leave this window, it will be a big mistake and he will be very difficult to replace. From what I’ve seen of Boubacar Kamara so far, he looks to be a very decent defensive midfielder 

I agree every player has weaknesse, they have to manage or be managed to either minimise their weaknesses being exposed or try and coach them out of these weaknesses.

Our midfield is a major part of our deficiencies and Kamara looks like he's got some answers to that problem but not all of them , not on his own with this system we are using with the other players around him in midfield and in the forward areas. 

• Like 1

Â