Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yes great in theory but we know Gerrard has a fair few guaranteed starters, in fact most managers do.

I know, and I suspect that will be his downfall, sooner or later.

Time will tell, I want him to do well because if he does well then so do we, but I'm gradually losing faith 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WooJung said:

I know, and I suspect that will be his downfall, sooner or later.

Time will tell, I want him to do well because if he does well then so do we, but I'm gradually losing faith 

My faith was low anyway so this hasn’t moved the marker for me.  It’s fairly amusing seeing pro-Gerrard people a bit stumped by this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

My faith was low anyway so this hasn’t moved the marker for me.  It’s fairly amusing seeing pro-Gerrard people a bit stumped by this.

I have never been pro Gerrard, I like the calibre of players he attracts, and I would say that is by far his greatest quality, and that's an issue. I'm still on a fence which is starting to tilt more and more towards one side

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with a new manager wanting to have his own captain, and Mings focussing on his game makes sense. 

What depresses is me the fact **** mcginn is going to start every **** game

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, hippo said:

Or find another club.

That's what I would be doing if I were TM right now.

Wouldn't surprise me if he moves on now.

That you Matt? 

• Haha 1

Hopefully it's a case of mings needs to focus solely on his own game and stay 100% concentrated on himself, Carlos will help, not being captain maybe does too

Its a shame for him because I love him as a player and I think off the pitch we couldn't get a better representative for the club, actually hope that side of it doesn't disappear completely

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

100+ votes on the 'Captaincy' thread seem to agree with me. Am I not allowed an opinion? To be fair managers have never got it wrong in the past have they...

I couldn't care what a fans vote shows, they are not paid to pick a team and captain. 

Yes manager can and are wrong from time to time, but they have years of high level experience of playing, coaching or being coached by some of the best managers around, you rating konsa and Chambers above Mings shows your dislike for him as its not based on talent and better at the position. 

Please remind me how many caps has Chambers and Konsa got international, there's a reason there not in or around the international squad, so I'd rather trust my eyes and other qualified managers than a fan that obviously doesn't rate a player. 

Maybe you should watch a bit of Carlos, he. Made just as many if not more mistakes playing for sevilla than Mings, but I guess he's the new shiny toy for the fans. 

Just like JJ good prospect but lazy at tracking back and his passing is poor for a footballer, but as he's 1 of our own he gets a free ride. 

While players are playing for us they get my 100% support, just like the manager, he has to live or die (professionally) on his choices/decisions. 

Wonder if Mings might look to move on if he dosen't start games in August. He obviously still has a world cup spot to fight for and he won't be doing that on our bench.

I'd prefer him to be starting in early weeks to guide Carlos through given he won't have much command of english but can't deny how good Chambers is looking in every game he starts for us. And Konsa and Hause still in mix.

Has he signed another contract for us since promotion? If he hasn't could well be right time to cash in with today's news for all parties.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Does make me think that maybe Mings isn’t a guaranteed starter from now on, maybe Gerrard is thinking he may favour a combo that doesn’t include Mings to start.  

Probably not the case but still arguably a big move by Gerrard switching the captaincy for very little benefit, so does raise questions why beyond the snippets he gave in the media report.

I think we have 4 good centre halves now, and I can see it changing during the season and dependant on who we play, I always prefer the captain to be in midfield, as there the engine of the team, we have fans now saying McGinn is undroppable now, if he's not performing then he'll be dropped, the captain is not undroppable, just look at Henderson at scouse pool, he doesn't play every week or even start every big game. 

We have a squad now and we need to use it, and I think the owners would be saying this to Gerrard. 

Hopefully with Kamara now as DM this will free up McGinn, Luiz and JJ. 

8 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Reckon he's being sold to either finance or part finance a decent incoming player... Might even be part of a swap deal.

I have no evidence to support this theory....

Straight swap for Barkley?

4060F6D9-97A9-4711-AE2E-5A07A3D14FC7.jpeg

This is very disappointing in my opinion. Anyone who's ever heard his appearances on podcasts and in depth interviews would surely mark him out as a very positive character and a very decent man. After some of the idiots we've had as Captain in recent years he's been a great example of a leader.

I only hope this doesn't lead to him being moved on. He does have the odd blip but you don't become a regular in the England squad whilst playing for Villa unless you're a good player with the right character.

He goes hand in hand with the upwards trajectory of the club since he joined.

• Like 3

I actually think it's the beginning of the end for Ming's at Villa. Both Carlos and Chambers are Gerrard signing's and probably the two he sees as his pair at CB long term. I don't see Ming's happy playing second fiddle from the bench.   

Â