Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Surprised his thread hasn't been bumped, was a horrible error straight after 1st but luckily Fabio Silva can't score at all so got away with it.

Tends to be the case when he makes an error he starts running all over the pitch to try to win balls so we lose our shape very easily, defensive organisation was non-existent for first half hour today.

48 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Surprised his thread hasn't been bumped, was a horrible error straight after 1st but luckily Fabio Silva can't score at all so got away with it.

Tends to be the case when he makes an error he starts running all over the pitch to try to win balls so we lose our shape very easily, defensive organisation was non-existent for first half hour today.

Have you bumped every thread of players who made a mistake today?

• Like 1

Just now, daggy_333 said:

Have you bumped every thread of players who made a mistake today?

I thought he was worse than Konsa personally who's getting stick after every game now seemingly.

Mings actually been solid in last few months since the Leeds 3-3 game, just saying there's a headless chicken element to how he plays if he makes an error early on and think we saw it today. Way we were getting pulled apart on the break time and again wasn't good enough and as captain he needs to see this from his position. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I thought he was worse than Konsa personally who's getting stick after every game now seemingly.

Mings actually been solid in last few months since the Leeds 3-3 game, just saying there's a headless chicken element to how he plays if he makes an error early on and think we saw it today. Way we were getting pulled apart on the break time and again wasn't good enough and as captain he needs to see this from his position. 

Not gonna lie I thought Konsa was gash today. Worse than Mings in my opinion.

gets rattled when fans are on his back but seems to brush it off after a while and ended up being our best defender today.

2nd half especially was noticeable how hard he was trying to lift the players

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

gets rattled when fans are on his back but seems to brush it off after a while and ended up being our best defender today.

Does he? He pretty much gets booed every game against non top 6 teams

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Funnily enough I’ve come full circle on Mings. When he’s out we are weak as piss. When he’s in he’s one of the few players that I have some confidence in these days. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Standing up for his beliefs and going on Black Lives Matters marches is going to piss off the idiots of the world 

I'd wondered about this. The booing was obvious but I'm unaware of the reason. Is it because of what he says off the pitch?

9 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I think it’s because people outside Villa don’t rate him and they resent him being part of the England set up. Most of them will have a CB of their own that they love that they think he is keeping out of the squad. They don’t care about the 14 clean sheets and 2 goals he has scored for England, or how solid he’s been for Villa, they just remember the highlights on match of the day of a few mistakes he’s made. 

Fact is, if England still had Terry or Ferdinand, he probably wouldn’t be getting a look in. But they don’t and he is. I think he is slowly being overtaken, and might not make the World Cup squad but the hate he gets is totally unnecessary and he never gets the entire England squad coming out in support of him either, even when Ferdinand slated him on tv ahead of the Euros.

He's keeping coady out, it's right because he's a better player but of course wolves aren't going to see it that way, add to that there are a lot of clubs that have a 1 or 2 cap England CB on the books, they've tried about 10 of them out, even the likes of Keane and Godfrey at Everton, a lot of clubs have a bang average English CB that they think mings is keeping out of the squad, if he didn't play for us can you imagine how loud the konsa drum would be banged on here? 

My Everton mate hates him because of the way he's picked up a few "injured" players, Bamford was definitley one, he also got booked vs Brighton for sprinting 50 yards to shot at cucurella when he went down clutching a damaged hair curl a few weeks back 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

He's keeping coady out, it's right because he's a better player but of course wolves aren't going to see it that way, add to that there are a lot of clubs that have a 1 or 2 cap England CB on the books, they've tried about 10 of them out, even the likes of Keane and Godfrey at Everton, a lot of clubs have a bang average English CB that they think mings is keeping out of the squad, if he didn't play for us can you imagine how loud the konsa drum would be banged on here? 

My Everton mate hates him because of the way he's picked up a few "injured" players, Bamford was definitley one, he also got booked vs Brighton for sprinting 50 yards to shot at cucurella when he went down clutching a damaged hair curl a few weeks back 

It's not like we were booing Mason Mount last year when he was keeping Jack out of the England side. I think it's deeper than that.

• Like 1

Saw those quotes yesterday. Presume they’ve been circulated to fire up Mings for the rest of the season, or the club intend to replace him in the squad in the summer as I can’t think of many who’d be a better ambassador for our club off the pitch, and he’s a good vocal leader on it too.

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Really think Gerrard should shut up with his public quotes about players. Same with replacing some from after last weeks game

Keep behind closed doors 

He's not going to embarrass the club by ending up in court for assaulting a DJ or drink driving, he's a bloody fine character! 

1 hour ago, Dale said:

Just to bring this Gerrard quote over here. I'd be very very annoyed if the captaincy was taken from Mings. He epitomises what I want from a skipper, very very clearly the leader on the pitch, eloquent off it. He cares a great deal. I think stripping the captaincy would be disrespectful and if I was Tyrone I'd be massively demotivated by it. It'd be highly unlikely that he'd be usurped as leader on the pitch in any case, and I can't imagine anyone that could do a better job of the off the pitch stuff (I don't think anyone else does in the league). 

Just posted this in the other thread too, I completely agree with you

Ming's is the only leader in that dressing room apart from Emi Martinez and can't see him being made captain.

If Gerrard takes it off him it's because he's unlikely to play all the time. If that's the case make him Club Captain and phase him out like we did with Stan, Gabby and Chester.

No need to give it a big speech on what a captain means and why he might take it off Ty, he's one of the best examples of a captain in the league, by far our best leader. If he's going to get phased out, cool, I may not agree but I can understand why... But not sure any question on captain needed to receive a longer answer than 'Tyrone is our club captain for the foreseeable'

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

The people that don’t rate Mings and want to replace him in the summer, I really struggle to name a defender that’s better than him that would realistically come to us.

Couldn't agree more.  Left footed too. Difficult to replace in most squads.  He does have a rick in him every so often but his is a cultured player.  My only beef with Tyrone is that I don't think he poses enough danger in opposition penalty areas, given his height.  Other than that, even if he sits on the bench for us a bit more, I wouldn't sell him. 

• Like 1

Â