Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

24 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Grown men (if you can call them that) throwing up middle fingers and other gestures. Kinda pathetic really. 

Got to be the tough guy, bet alone none of them would even approach Mings on the street or in a bar

23 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Grown men (if you can call them that) throwing up middle fingers and other gestures. Kinda pathetic really. 

Give the security guy who jogs over a promotion, he’s single handedly held back around 100 really hard, dangerous men there. Lucky Tyrone.

• Like 1

I remember thinking WTF when we were rumoured to be signing him on loan back in the C'ship. An injury prone converted left back with a tendency to stamp on people's heads. What a transformation. If it weren't for the inflated fee that we paid this transfer would have shades of John McGinn. Such a gem seemingly plucked from nowhere.

• Like 2

I missed the first goal conceded since my stream crashed and just got a view out of it. Seems like its Mings's fault. He was marking Yarmolenko in the build up but allows him far too much space to turn and shoot. Maybe he thought he was higher up the pitch than he actually was and thought he could simply marshal Yarmolenko and the ball away from danger after he receives the ball. 

20 hours ago, AV82 said:

I remember thinking WTF when we were rumoured to be signing him on loan back in the C'ship. An injury prone converted left back with a tendency to stamp on people's heads. What a transformation. If it weren't for the inflated fee that we paid this transfer would have shades of John McGinn. Such a gem seemingly plucked from nowhere.

Well you must have been going crazy when he stamped on another player's head on what was his Villa debut.

Been unbelievable for us. Had some ropey moments along the way, but waaay more good than bad. Dependable player.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I missed the first goal conceded since my stream crashed and just got a view out of it. Seems like its Mings's fault. He was marking Yarmolenko in the build up but allows him far too much space to turn and shoot. Maybe he thought he was higher up the pitch than he actually was and thought he could simply marshal Yarmolenko and the ball away from danger after he receives the ball. 

He was his man and he's got him and shepherding him as you'd expect but then it looks like Yarmolenko holds his run and Mings and Chambers both step too deep, maybe difference between an attacking midfielder and a striker in what run is made, I think he's also anticipating a Soucek back post run and a ball over the top with young vs Soucek being a mismatch, he's definitely looking at both players 

But even the word fault seems a bit harsh, it's definitley not a mistake, its a good goal from Yarmolenkos perspective, I think mings has picked the wrong pass being made 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He speaks so well about the club, loves it, pinches himself sometimes when he sees Villa Park from the motorway and remembers he's captain - how incredible it is to attack the Holte End in the second half of games, how much he's enjoying working for Gerrard, how Smith was the first sacking he's been involved in in football and that there's a bit of a feeling of guilt, how Coutinho has him falling over in training and is the best player he's trained with.

is this gonna be recorded/replayed anywhere?

Just now, MaVilla said:

is this gonna be recorded/replayed anywhere?

Not sure hopefully it'll be on AVTV afterward.

They asked him how long he'd been in the kit in 'that' picture at the train station. He'd got changed into his spare shirt, gone to the party afterward in it, then gone to a night club in it, then gone to the party after the night club in it, got to his hotel, had a shower, got changed back into the shirt because "he felt so proud about it" then got on the train!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Talks about when he first went to England and being nervous about the training and how then, there was a big difference between England training and training at Villa, but that now he feels that the difference is marginal and the quality of our training feels almost the same.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

You can hardly call that a turn. He had his back to goal. It was outrageous skill to get that shot off so early with his weaker foot, and it caught our defense and Martinez by surprise. Yarmolenko with his back to goal wasn't a threat...until he was I guess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not sure hopefully it'll be on AVTV afterward.

They asked him how long he'd been in the kit in 'that' picture at the train station. He'd got changed into his spare shirt, gone to the party afterward in it, then gone to a night club in it, then gone to the party after the night club in it, got to his hotel, had a shower, got changed back into the shirt because "he felt so proud about it" then got on the train!

just watching it now, my lord....whats with the camera?, constantly shaking and vibrating noisily.....

Â