Cardiff player on missing plane

Guest av1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

What is the implication here then? That Cardiff / Warnock have done something wrong?

"I only booked and paid for the flight" - that's kind of a big deal Willie and it's nothing like booking a taxi, unless there's more than 4 of you the size and type of taxi is irrelevant. If you're flying across the channel, at night, then I think the size and type of plane is quite important, as well as the experience level of the pilot............hard to see anything other than he tried to do it on the cheap and now he's lashing out as a defence mechanism cos he knows that in some form he's at least partly responsible.

I would have sympathy for him but he's a football agent and tantamount to pond-scum as far as I'm concerned.

I get the impression (nothing more than that) that Cardiff have failed to insure Sala sufficiently after he signed his contract, hence no compensation for the transfer fee and thus stalling to pay Nantes and trying to apportion blame.

whatever is happening, it’s  not treating the death of an employee with dignity. 

• Like 2

I don't see how the agent can get the blame for this even if he did book it. It was a tragic accident. Hopefully a investigation can be done to find out the cause wss it bad weather engine fault or human error. If its the latter then their will be questions to be answered. 

18 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

What is the implication here then? That Cardiff / Warnock have done something wrong?

"I only booked and paid for the flight" - that's kind of a big deal Willie and it's nothing like booking a taxi, unless there's more than 4 of you the size and type of taxi is irrelevant. If you're flying across the channel, at night, then I think the size and type of plane is quite important, as well as the experience level of the pilot............hard to see anything other than he tried to do it on the cheap and now he's lashing out as a defence mechanism cos he knows that in some form he's at least partly responsible.

I would have sympathy for him but he's a football agent and tantamount to pond-scum as far as I'm concerned.

Surely his point is that he just booked the flight through a 3rd party company or similar.

I have a player that I need to fly to Cardiff, can you do it? Ok here's the money.

If you phoned a taxi company to book a cab for your mate and on the trip the wheels fell off the taxi and your mate was killed in the accident, would you get the blame for booking it?

If the agent specifically went with some dodgy arrangement, cutting corners and costs to get this specific flight then absolutely he takes some blame. 
If all he did was book the flight through some legit third party company then I think I can see his point.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

It seems like the behaviour of a paranoid madman to contact a company that provides flights, to grill them on the likelihood of crashing in to the sea. I think it's fair to assume that the company you're paying for the flights should be expected to perform the necessary due diligence in regards to crashing in to the sea.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Surely his point is that he just booked the flight through a 3rd party company or similar.

I have a player that I need to fly to Cardiff, can you do it? Ok here's the money.

If you phoned a taxi company to book a cab for your mate and on the trip the wheels fell off the taxi and your mate was killed in the accident, would you get the blame for booking it?

If the agent specifically went with some dodgy arrangement, cutting corners and costs to get this specific flight then absolutely he takes some blame. 
If all he did was book the flight through some legit third party company then I think I can see his point.

Just seems odd to me that an £18m player, record signing for Cardiff and no doubt the vehicle for a nice little bonus for the agent(s) can end up on such a shite little plane, flown by a guy who was not qualified.

The agent may be completely blameless, he may have tried to shave some extra money for himself, who knows.

I'm erring on the side of the Agent being in the wrong though as I'd love nothing more than to see that entire profession crumble.

20 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I'm erring on the side of the Agent being in the wrong though as I'd love nothing more than to see that entire profession crumble.

That seems like an entirely rational thought process... 🤨

There’s going to be more of this sort of stuff, isn’t there?

Emiliano Sala was "abandoned" by Cardiff City and had to arrange his own travel in a £15m transfer from Nantes, says ex-football agent Willie McKay.

McKay's son Mark was Nantes' acting agent in the deal for the footballer, who died in a plane crash last month.

Willie McKay arranged the flight that crashed in the English Channel, killing Sala, 28, and pilot David Ibbotson.

"He was abandoned in a hotel more or less to do his travel arrangements himself," Willie McKay said.

Cardiff have previously stated they had offered to book a commercial flight for Sala.

Willie McKay is not a registered agent but when asked why he was involved in the Sala deal, he replied: "I was helping my son."

BBC link

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Skruff said:

Cardiff has made claims to fifa that Salas contract was invalid. They truly are trying their best not to pay a dime. Disgusting. 

Absolutely disgraceful. If he wasn't 'your' player why did you do all the tributes? Why did you dedicate games to him?

I think that is absolutely horrendous behaviour form cardiff city. They should be ashamed of themselves 

Edited by Demitri_C

I didn't like sympathising with Cardiff or Colin when all of this happened.  So I'm glad they're showing themselves up and I can revert to hating them again.  Natural world order restored.

Rumoured transfer fee was £15m, wasn't it?  Currently occupying the final relegation place in the Premier League - and we're all aware of the pressures of FFP.

May well be seen as a dick move, but the club could be in jeopardy, no?

step 1 insurance, insurance says no then step 2 would be point the finger at another party* step 3 would then either be a) look at the human cost and take a judgement to stomach the costs (maybe asking FIFA for permission for it not to impact FFP) or b) get your team of shady lawyers to find a loop hole in the contract

* its believed that they will submit something saying the PL had rejected the deal so in effect they are blaming them

Â