Cardiff player on missing plane

Guest av1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Very very sad not surprisibg but at least like you say gives closure. Do these type of aircrafts have boxes like planes that can be retrived to find out cause? 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/emiliano-sala-search-missing-plane-latest-update-black-box-cardiff-nantes-a8742446.html

The missing plane carrying Cardiff City forward Emiliano Sala is unlikely to have been fitted with a flight recorder, according to the UK's aviation regulator.

So-called black boxes which record flight data and cockpit audio are mandatory in airliners and business jets, and are a vital tool for crash investigators.

But they are not mandatory for light aircraft such as the US-registered Piper Malibu plane which went missing over the Channel on Monday night.

A spokesman for the Civil Aviation Authority said the plane is "unlikely" to have been fitted with a black box.

The weight of the recorders is one of the reasons why they are not normally used by light aircraft manufacturers.

Doesn't look likely

Can't find my post to quote it... but I had a feeling something like this would happen

Emiliano Sala: Nantes demand transfer fee from Cardiff City

French club Nantes have demanded payment from Cardiff City over the £15m transfer of Emiliano Sala, BBC Wales has learned.

Sala, along with pilot David Ibbotson, was on board the Piper Malibu N264DB which lost radar contact near Guernsey on 21 January.

The Argentine striker was Premier League club Cardiff's record signing.

Cardiff have withheld the first scheduled payment until they are satisfied with the documentation.

More to follow.

Cardiff have to pay really. Contracts etc have been exchanged. Whether it was now or in two years times, he was their player.

Hopefully they've got some sort of insurance which covers this sort of thing.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Hopefully they've got some sort of insurance which covers this sort of thing.

If* Cardiff allowed Sala to arrange his own transport (and the general thinking is that they may have), then it wouldn't surprise me if the insurance company decided they hadn't taken reasonable care of their asset, and decided not to pay out.

* that's a big 'if' by the way.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

If* Cardiff allowed Sala to arrange his own transport (and the general thinking is that they may have), then it wouldn't surprise me if the insurance company decided they hadn't taken reasonable care of their asset, and decided not to pay out.

Yep, I agree. The thought crossed my mind too.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Assuming Cardiff did have some form of insurance I'm not sure that the insurance company could reasonably expect to hold Cardiff responsible for a player 24 hours a day and refuse to pay out. They will try to reduce their liability though. I'm sure there will be a lot of finger pointing between Cardiff's Insurance Co, Sala's personal insurance Co and the Pilot's Insurance Co. Will take time and could get messy, no wonder Cardiff are stalling. No doubt the insurance company will want to see the outcome of any inquires that may be held before paying out too.

• Like 1

To be honest, he might have been absolutely shite and played like 3 times for the first team before being carted off to Oz or dubai. Would still have lost the money. Stranger things have happened. 

See: Majority of villa transfers 1990-present

Edited by VillaJ100
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I agree with Nantes regarding the payment, but I think a few weeks wait would have been a tad more respectful.

The BBC article quotes Cardiff as saying it would have been respectful to wait before asking for payment.  I don't understand how delaying processing a payment between the clubs is showing respect.  The opposite, if anything.

The Guardian says the payment was due to have been paid by now

Although Nantes were entitled to the first slice of Sala’s reported £15m fee by now

and

There is no suggestion that the Welsh club will not meet their contractual obligations

which is odd, because it sounds like they have already failed to meet their contractual obligations.

And

From Cardiff’s point of view, the priority is to establish all the facts around the tragedy.

is also very odd.  Why would establishing the facts of the accident have any bearing on processing the payment? 

• Like 3

It sounds like, and I'm making a leap here so feel free to shoot me down, that Cardiff are looking for technicalities to get out of the deal. Ensuring paperwork is correct, looking into crash details (presume they're looking to find Nantes at fault somehow?)

Maybe I'm being cynical.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It sounds like, and I'm making a leap here so feel free to shoot me down, that Cardiff are looking for technicalities to get out of the deal

They certainly risk giving that impression, which is unfortunate and poorly judged on their part.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It sounds like, and I'm making a leap here so feel free to shoot me down, that Cardiff are looking for technicalities to get out of the deal. Ensuring paperwork is correct, looking into crash details (presume they're looking to find Nantes at fault somehow?)

Maybe I'm being cynical.

That's how I am reading it. They may try play the angle nantes arranged the transport therefore they are at fault so they shouldn't ahve to pay full figure. 

From what I ahve read its a payment over three years. Cardiff should ahve paid already so I think it's out of order they haven't paid nantes. 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Maybe I'm being cynical.

Just because you're cynical doesn't mean you're wrong.  Everyone with any liability will be trying to wangle their way out of this one.  But then I am a card-carrying cynic.

The thing is even if they pay the transfer fee it won't be as expensive for them as they don't have to pay the salary or bonus fees now either. 

The longer they drag this out the worse it will reflect in them. Obviously Cardiff never arranged his transport back to Cardiff for whatever reason so they have to accept they perhaps should be doing this for their players esp their record signings

Â