Cardiff player on missing plane

Guest av1

10 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I still think both clubs should pay half each out of respect to Sala and donate some of the money to his family.

The money involved should never come above the human morality of the situation, 

Why are both clubs arguing about a transfer fee for someone who is dead, human rational surely should be giving the money to family who have lost a Son, a brother and grandchild, whose family will never be able to see him again. 

I can't pretend to know his family background but Argentina isn't the richest country so he may well have helped his family financially. From a financial point of view they'd have been way better off if he died on the pitch from a random heart defect or something on his debut. 

10 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

The money involved should never come above the human morality of the situation, 

Why are both clubs arguing about a transfer fee for someone who is dead, human rational surely should be giving the money to family who have lost a Son, a brother and grandchild, whose family will never be able to see him again. 

I agree that they both should have donated some of the fees to the family. Let's not forget his dad passed away as well.

A very tragic story.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Certainly not clued up on the details but I'm not sure how Cardiff could 'allow' such an expensive 'asset' to fly at night in what was not far removed from a light aircraft. Seems like they could have done a lot more to organise his arrival. 

I bet you more (if not most!) clubs do that. Everything is fine, until something goes wrong.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I bet you more (if not most!) clubs do that. Everything is fine, until something goes wrong.

Not sure about anyone else... but as a professional footballer I'd be absolutely terrified to fly out on a small plane with one pilot only. Cardiff have to take responsibility for not ensuring their asset didnt get the proper acceptable travel arrangements. 

To even say he wants their player is absolute nonsense and make them look like absolute bellends.

• Like 1

On 04/11/2019 at 18:56, Czechlad said:

Cardiff 100% have to pay for his transfer. Sala was a Cardiff player and Nantes lost their player because of it. This is Cardiff's deal, and it's terrible what happened, but they are on the hook. 

I agree and they will pay. they have absolutely zero grounds to say that sala wasn't their player. 

On 04/11/2019 at 14:52, Zatman said:

Cardiff will probably be getting a 3 window transfer ban for not paying the 1st instalment to Nantes

Can't believe Cardiff are still haggling over the first payment. Ultimately any big transfer especially one where relegation is big danger is always very likely to be massively structured in instalments e.g Sala scores 10 goals and Nantes get an extra 1m and so on so Cardiff full well know majority of transfer fee will never have to be paid due to his sad passing.

Ultimately though he was their player so surely pay it and finally put the whole thing to bed and respect his memory.

On 04/11/2019 at 14:58, Dr_Pangloss said:

Certainly not clued up on the details but I'm not sure how Cardiff could 'allow' such an expensive 'asset' to fly at night in what was not far removed from a light aircraft. Seems like they could have done a lot more to organise his arrival. 

From reading at the time seems they offer him flights or even eurostar from Paris and he declined. He'd used the same method to do his medical a few days before I think?

Ultimately it ended in tragedy and shouldn't have happened, certainly not to a multi million pound sporting person.

However when time is tight we all know in football people cut corners or simply don't use common sense. See Derby the other week or even Kun Aguero about a year ago when he was in a car crash in Amsterdam after going over to watch a gig or something.

Those incidents could've been much more serious than they were.

If they are arguing that the contract was invalid... In that case I want every single players contract in the league from our rivals looked at from all the times we've missed out eg. Arshavin farce when we were pushing for 4th, the year we got relegated, when Cardiff wolves and Fulham got promoted etc and if there is a single inconsistency I want us to get millions in compensation 

On a serious note, if I was a Cardiff fan I would honestly protest about this.

The club not sorting this issue out, one way or another, is one of the most disgusting football related stories in years. They are literally showing they don't give a shit about 'one of the bluebirds'. 

It really doesn't show Cardiff in a good light and fans should speak up about this. 

(Unless of course fan groups are doing so, but I haven't heard anything about this in the media?)

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm not excusing their behaviour, but presumably this is a consequence of ffp concerns? 

They got 100 million for being in the prem, + 80million in parachute payments coming up, the owner is a billionaire

£6million is nothing to them 

• Like 1

Â