Cardiff player on missing plane

Guest av1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

step 1 insurance, insurance says no then step 2 would be point the finger at another party* step 3 would then either be a) look at the human cost and take a judgement to stomach the costs (maybe asking FIFA for permission for it not to impact FFP) or b) get your team of shady lawyers to find a loop hole in the contract

* its believed that they will submit something saying the PL had rejected the deal so in effect they are blaming them

They are saying Sala didn't have the right contract regarding his signing on fee

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

They are saying Sala didn't have the right contract regarding his signing on fee

yep, they are saying the contract that everyone had signed was rejected by the PL and then the amended contract with a different fee structure had not been signed by everyone

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

yep, they are saying the contract that everyone had signed was rejected by the PL and then the amended contract with a different fee structure had not been signed by everyone

Then how can you have a press conference signing him as your player? Surely that’s breaking rules also ? This is really shit by Cardiff . A real dick move.

the football world will turn on them I’m sure of that. We called this weeks ago that Cardiff would try get out if paying the fee

I think most clubs would be investigating it behind the scenes to find a way out of paying but wouldn’t be so public and heartless about it. 

I personally think it needs to wait until the air accident investigation is over as if it’s found out that Cardiff couldn’t be bothered to stump up and fly him over on a proper flight then they should cough up the full sum. 

If they aren’t culpable then I think as both clubs are affected by this tragedy then both should contribute half the fee each to soften the mutual blow. Both teams lost a player at the end of the day.

Would be nice if they donated it to the Sala family as a way of turning a nasty business dispute overshadowing a tragedy into some kind of positive and avoid the backlash and negative PR.

Edited by Ingram85

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Emiliano Salas dad Horacio has died this morning from a heart attack aged 58

Wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with his son's death. Reports are that he could never get over it. That can really do harm to your health and sap your will to live.

Edited by legov

8 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Some freak apparently broke into the morgue and took pictures of Sala's body and posted them online. That really is beyond the pale. 

Your joking. Omg that is a absolute disgrace. Won't take long tk find the horrible bastard

• 5 months later...
2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Only have to look at the title of this thread to know he was owned by Cardiff

Exactly mate. They did the shirt unveiling did a tribute to him as their player.  I know it's not fair what happened - but he was their player how can they even argue that it's ridiculous.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly mate. They did the shirt unveiling did a tribute to him as their player.  I know it's not fair what happened - but he was their player how can they even argue that it's ridiculous.

His contract wasn't actually signed though as the FA rejected it due to him wanting his full signing on fee up front and they don't allow this. He died before the new contract was completed. Had they not been able to sort this out he could well have been off elsewhere.

The welsh FA also hadn't cleared the transfer as Nantes didn't give them the paperwork until 4 days after he had died.

It's shit all round really and surely some sort of insurance should cover it rather than either club losing out

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

His contract wasn't actually signed though as the FA rejected it due to him wanting his full signing on fee up front and they don't allow this. He died before the new contract was completed. Had they not been able to sort this out he could well have been off elsewhere.

The welsh FA also hadn't cleared the transfer as Nantes didn't give them the paperwork until 4 days after he had died.

It's shit all round really and surely some sort of insurance should cover it rather than either club losing out

The cynic in me would suggest that the insurance policy wasn’t signed either - hence a reluctance to bring this sad tale to a dignified conclusion.

Â