Cardiff player on missing plane

Guest av1

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think the pilot they hired had some issues he may have even been unlicensed so not sure insurance would have accepted it

Cardiff were the cheap party here and its shocking they were willing to save money on the flight for a potential asset. A Ryanair flight would have been better

oh yes i remember now his license had expired and i think the plane hadn't passed some inspection so probably nullified the insurance

a decent private plane is like 5k to hire. when you're spending 15m on a player it's certainly a bizarre thing to try and save money on

Unfortunately from a legal standpoint you have to remove the human element of it. Purely as an asset, it should be pretty clear in the documentation for the transfer when the fee becomes payable and when the “risk” for the asset passes. If it passed before the flight then it’s on Cardiff and their insurance. If it didn’t pass before the flight then it’s on Nantes and their insurance. It’s then another matter as to who booked or signed off on the flight as that’s a separate negligence claim. It isn’t really rocket science. If it isn’t clear in the documents then it’ll just come down to whatever the laws of presumably France say although you might then have a fight over who has jurisdiction over all of this.

It’s just a legal battle like any other. The fact that two people died and how it “looks” is sadly pretty irrelevant. 

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Cardiff have brought Nantes to court today to sue for 120 million as thats how much they believe they lost

Not really sure what grounds they have for this

You're not going to believe this, but apparently 'a study' has declared that they had a 54 point something percent chance of staying up with Sala in the team, so they have rounded that up to 100 and then billed Nantes the entire cost of relegation as they see it. 

Absolute scumbag club, always have been. 

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You're not going to believe this, but apparently 'a study' has declared that they had a 54 point something percent chance of staying up with Sala in the team, so they have rounded that up to 100 and then billed Nantes the entire cost of relegation as they see it. 

I read something similar and no disrespect to Sala they built him up as a Van Nistelrooy type finisher 

I actually thought Nantes won the initial court case over the transfer fee so why am more confused why Cardiff suing back

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I read something similar and no disrespect to Sala they built him up as a Van Nistelrooy type finisher 

I actually thought Nantes won the initial court case over the transfer fee so why am more confused why Cardiff suing back

Since a] the idea you could work out what chance a club had of relegation if a player was hypothetically available (to one decimal place, no less!) would utterly laughable if it wasn't such a bleak situation, and b] even if the number were somehow believable, it's almost exactly a 50/50 coin toss anyway, I can't really understand how they think this legal argument will persuade anybody at all. 

I'm completely and utterly against the court case, but there must be some Legal Eagle out there that thought this was worth the investment of time and money? I'm not sure how, or why, but to raise something like this, whether Cardiff get the answer they want or not, will only damage their reputation to a point of being 'ultimate scumbag' status? 

18 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Insane. Feel like his name is being dragged through the mud with court cases flying around.

• Like 1

Â