Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Playing for England U21 when he's far and beyond the level had wrecked his season so far. Ridiculous.

Kind of disagree

The cycles were out of sync because of the Qatar world cup

He should have played and been one of the best players in Englands u21s winning the euros and then stepped up to the 1st team in the autumn games, got no problem with him being with the u21s last summer 

• Like 1

I wonder if we brought him back from injury too soon again? He's been absolutely dreadful since he did come back, way, way below the levels he's capable of, so now we have to ask if that was because he wasn't fully fit?

2 hours ago, Risso said:

I wonder if we brought him back from injury too soon again? He's been absolutely dreadful since he did come back, way, way below the levels he's capable of, so now we have to ask if that was because he wasn't fully fit?

Nah a twinge to his hamstring can happen to anyone. I just think players who miss preseason in general often struggle to get going during the season 

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Nah a twinge to his hamstring can happen to anyone. I just think players who miss preseason in general often struggle to get going during the season 

Also think VAR stopping every game for multiple minutes while players stand around in the cold is likely leading to an increase in muscle injuries. 

• Like 3

Errrrm... Spurs, Newcastle and Bayern in for JJ. Would be useful for ffp, but you don't like to see this. 

I can see why teams would approach us about Ramsey given our sale of other home grown talents and they'd test the waters there. However we know that's not a sale going to happen 

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I can see why teams would approach us about Ramsey given our sale of other home grown talents and they'd test the waters there. However we know that's not a sale going to happen 

I thought Ornstein was better than clickbaity headlines but the article pretty much states that a sale is unlikely 

5 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

I thought Ornstein was better than clickbaity headlines but the article pretty much states that a sale is unlikely 

He is just reporting the clubs who are interested. He does say "if Villa want to sell and it's a big "if" because Ramsey is a key player"

• Like 2

Anything is possible thanks to FFP. But I can’t see Newcastle being one of those clubs due to their well documented FFP issues.

29 minutes ago, Dale said:

Errrrm... Spurs, Newcastle and Bayern in for JJ. Would be useful for ffp, but you don't like to see this. 

Made up drivel. The article 90% (minimum) click bait.

I don’t think there any chance JJ goes in Jan. But I think there’s a chance in the summer. The problem with FFP is that the best players to sell are your home grown talent. And if we can get 60-70m for JJ it funds another push in the transfer market. 

I’d be gutted to see JJ leave but the cruel reality is that he is the prime candidate. 

• Like 1

Selling Ramsey for us has so many factors to it. He's home grown and we need those for Europe. He's loved by fans and selling him would upset a lot of fans more than any other sale. We would also need to replace him. 

Remember though, just because teams are interested in a player of ours really doesn't matter in relation to us wanting to sell.

11 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I don’t think there any chance JJ goes in Jan. But I think there’s a chance in the summer. The problem with FFP is that the best players to sell are your home grown talent. And if we can get 60-70m for JJ it funds another push in the transfer market. 

I’d be gutted to see JJ leave but the cruel reality is that he is the prime candidate. 

This.

51 minutes ago, Dale said:

Would be a shambolic decision and would be the first time in a while I’d genuinely question the direction of the club 

Â