Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

12 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

I would say that the reaction, in the heat of the moment, with just a couple of minutes to evaluate a situation whilst a match is being played, should not be indicative of the overall competence of our medical team.

Protecting the health of the players is literally protecting the investment from the owners. These are two very wealthy and very experienced sports team owners. They've had the opportunity to clear house when there's a managerial change, along with the fact that Unai is not only a perfectionist, but also relies on the competency of the medical staff to help him field the best team possible. This would indicate that they are happy with the medical team that we have.

We are a wealthy premier league club. We can literally attract the best sports medical professionals in the world if we needed to. The fact that we haven't says a lot IMO.

I’m questioning the medical staff because they need to ensure a player is ready to come back after an injury, big or small. I’m sure that they are doing their best but with the pressure in getting players back quickly they should be diligent and push back if the player or the coaching team are pressing for that players return. We don’t have a big squad so it’s more important to get this right.

15 hours ago, Strog said:

I’m questioning the medical staff because they need to ensure a player is ready to come back after an injury, big or small. I’m sure that they are doing their best but with the pressure in getting players back quickly they should be diligent and push back if the player or the coaching team are pressing for that players return. We don’t have a big squad so it’s more important to get this right.

It's a broken bone, I guess on an x ray it's broken or not... Quite concerning that the bone is potentially now weakened to the point that it can go again after healing. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's incredible we're doing as well as we are with the injury setbacks we've had, I've really had enough of our crap luck over recent months

Questions need to be asked of our medical/physio team as several players have had immediate reoccurrence of injuries. 

36 minutes ago, Dale said:

It's a broken bone, I guess on an x ray it's broken or not... Quite concerning that the bone is potentially now weakened to the point that it can go again after healing. 

You’d think with all the medical equipment you expect them to have they would be able to tell if the bone had healed. It’s so frustrating and weakens us further and for longer 😡

32 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

NNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!

FFS! What is with our rotten luck with injuries?

Looked like we had JJ back and firing but he’s injured again… where is Moreno??

😭😡

Here he is.

IMG_0326.jpeg.5747daf31ba65857040d2fd754706fb5.jpeg

Edited by Strog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Metatarsal fractures are tricky. They can re-break even after a full healing. See below:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24216284/

Background: Many surgeons agree that fifth metatarsal stress fractures have a tendency toward delayed union, nonunion, and possibly refracture. Difficulty healing seems to be correlated with fracture classification. However, refracture sometimes occurs after low-grade fracture, even long after apparent resolution.

I remember Rooney having an issue with this way back. It happens. At least we have some attacking depth now so the wheels don't fall off when one player goes down injured. 

Â