Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Definitely in danger of being replaced in the team by his younger brother next season potentially. 

It’s not that he’s playing badly per se but he’s just not influencing games much, or at all recently. I’m sure if we had someone to replace him we’d do so but we’re short on numbers at the moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

And? It's what you do with it, an he did nothing.

Ye he should concentrate on those moments of magic and sacrifice his work within the teams shape. Concentrate on his numbers only working within the team and good positional play secondary .

• Like 1

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Ye he should concentrate on those moments of magic and sacrifice his work within the teams shape. Concentrate on his numbers only working within the team and good positional play secondary .

Give I up chap, he ain't gonna work here.

• Haha 1

I like Rambo. I suspect he won’t be as good as we hoped but he will be a useful, fairly low earning squad player. He will get better and his confidence will grow. He’s played way more often than he would have if we’d actually had some decent midfield players in the last few years. It’s much better having young players who care about the club as squad fillers as opposed to over rated/paid jokers like Sanson.

31 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I like Rambo. I suspect he won’t be as good as we hoped but he will be a useful, fairly low earning squad player. He will get better and his confidence will grow. He’s played way more often than he would have if we’d actually had some decent midfield players in the last few years. It’s much better having young players who care about the club as squad fillers as opposed to over rated/paid jokers like Sanson.

I’m of the same mind here. I don’t think he really has the passing tools and football brain but he’s athletic and can play multiple positions and one of the few good carriers on the team. 

And on a larger point, he rarely gives 3 or 4/10 performances but he struggles to really take control of the game aside from a few runs. 

Maybe he’ll surprise under more tutelage from Unai. 

• Like 1

I worry a little bit about him at the moment, maybe he hasnt recovered from his injury but he seems somebody who is struggling to adapt to Unais style. I think technically and tactically he is struggling now and looks all over the place at times

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, burchy said:

I think we might look to cash in on him, perhaps not this summer but next summer. 

It’s an interesting thought. The club, Emery in particular, will know his ability and potential and they’ll make a call on whether they think he’s likely to improve. 

His stock is high at the moment still. With Gordon selling for £45m, the club may think if they can get something similar, they can invest in the team and find a better player for less on the continent. 

16 hours ago, DJBOB said:

I’m of the same mind here. I don’t think he really has the passing tools and football brain but he’s athletic and can play multiple positions and one of the few good carriers on the team. 

And on a larger point, he rarely gives 3 or 4/10 performances but he struggles to really take control of the game aside from a few runs. 

Maybe he’ll surprise under more tutelage from Unai. 

Maybe Stevens undoing was that he put so much weight on a 20 year old kids shoulders.   At 20 you shouldn't be expected to control a game. I think Unai is building him from the ground up.

We already know Ramsey is capable of the spectacular but now he is adding a more workmanlike attribute to his game. His recent uptick in his interception/recovery #s show he is willing to do the work as well. 

I think part of where Ramsey is struggling a little bit at the moment and in current system is playing with his back to goal and being aware generally of what is behind him. When the play is in front of him he seems fine. 

But it’s a slightly different skill being asked of him at the moment, more reliant on understanding of space and close control. Will be interesting to see how he picks that up. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Won the ball back more than any of our other midfielders and lost possession the least.

Only cause every time they passed to him he was switched and off and let the ball run past him to a defender. 

13 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Resorting to this kind of reply really weakens your argument

He was good defensively covered his fullback well and dragged opposing defenders out of position by dropping deep and almost got an assist yesterday. I’ve backed you consistently in the Bertrand Traore thread where you’ve time and time again suggested numbers matter “7 goals 7 assists”  yet you’ve completely disregarded numbers and stats in this thread and deemed them to be “irrelevant”  personally I don’t think Ramsey was the best player on the pitch yesterday but according to all stats websites he was the highest rated player on the pitch. And now back to Bertrand Traore he relatively poor yesterday better than Bailey but largely ineffective that’s me saying something negative about a player I like because I try to view things from a balanced perspective.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He was good defensively covered his fullback well and dragged opposing defenders out of position by dropping deep and almost got an assist yesterday. I’ve backed you consistently in the Bertrand Traore thread where you’ve time and time again suggested numbers matter “7 goals 7 assists”  yet you’ve completely disregarded numbers and stats in this thread and deemed them to be “irrelevant”  personally I don’t think Ramsey was the best player on the pitch yesterday but according to all stats websites he was the highest rated player on the pitch. And now back to Bertrand Traore he relatively poor yesterday better than Bailey but largely ineffective that’s me saying something negative about a player I like because I try to view things from a balanced perspective.

Fair enough mate. I answered with Traore's numbers because someone said something along the lines of 'he has skill but does nothing with it' - so his numbers in that instance were as close to direct proof as you can get, that he does in fact 'do something with it'. Ramsey I'm unconvinced by at the moment. UTV.

• Like 1

Â