Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

24 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

He is young, so there will be lots of ups and downs with him. Just remember that will also be the case for Duran when we start to expect him to deliver!

Yeah like Garnacho for Man U. I hate hearing this bollox, you have even got it at a young age or you haven't, Ramsey will end up average at best if he don't start putting a shift in.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

You'd be surprised. Was mentioned in a report that Liverpool stats had him ideal for their system so if they don't get Bellingham in the end he's on their list as a backup.

Long way off that though on present form but we saw a year ago what he can do at prem level over a period of months.

Bellingham? Come on now. That's just ridiculous and you know it. Jude Bellingham is on another planet to almost every young player this country has produced in decades. A regular for Dortmund in the Champions League, a starter at the world cup, including in the quarter finals and an overall phenomenal player.

Ramsey is a decent young player, like thousands before him, that will do ok but never make the very top level. I mean, he is playing regular football at PL level so he has done very well to get as far as he has, dont get me wrong.

But Bellingham is already AT that top level. And it's many level above where Ramsey is or will be.

There is no chance that Liverpool or anyone else is considering Ramsey as an alternative to Bellingham.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Bellingham? Come on now. That's just ridiculous and you know it. Jude Bellingham is on another planet to almost every young player this country has produced in decades. A regular for Dortmund in the Champions League, a starter at the world cup, including in the quarter finals and an overall phenomenal player.

Ramsey is a decent young player, like thousands before him, that will do ok but never make the very top level. I mean, he is playing regular football at PL level so he has done very well to get as far as he has, dont get me wrong.

But Bellingham is already AT that top level. And it's many level above where Ramsey is or will be.

There is no chance that Liverpool or anyone else is considering Ramsey as an alternative to Bellingham.

Liverpool also looking at Matheus Nunes from Wolves, he that much more advanced than Ramsey?

Years back they got Winijaldnum after he got relegated with Newcastle and he did a good job for them for 3-4 seasons.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Liverpool also looking at Matheus Nunes from Wolves, he that much more advanced than Ramsey?

Years back they got Winijaldnum after he got relegated with Newcastle and he did a good job for them for 3-4 seasons.

Ramsey will be lucky to stay at Villa on current form and not be loaned out. He won't be going anywhere near Liverpool unless we play there.

And fwiw, I think Wijnaldum is a good player although not sure about the Wolves chap.

• Like 1

He's another player (like McGinn) that lacks the confidence to take the ball in tight areas. He has energy, decent technique, and can carry the ball. But he is lacking in some areas. At this stage I honestly have no idea how good he'll become. But I'm not feeling that confident about it at the moment, sadly.

Thought after last season he would have pushed on but he's like a crisp packet most weeks, barely noticeable. I think he gets more leeway than some others because he came through the Academy but he should be benched for McGinn next game. Needs to do more if he wants to stay in the team. 

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen people commenting on how poor he's been after games and then when I've watched a replay of the match he's been nowhere near as bad as has been made out, or even bad at all, I think most fans just genuinely aren't very good at judging midfield performances. He was one of our best players just a few games ago against Southampton.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tom13 said:

He's another player (like McGinn) that lacks the confidence to take the ball in tight areas. He has energy, decent technique, and can carry the ball. But he is lacking in some areas. At this stage I honestly have no idea how good he'll become. But I'm not feeling that confident about it at the moment, sadly.

I totally agree - he looks like another one who could well slip into that “ if only “ category 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

He’s been out injured and hasn’t been playing badly. Once he’s back to full match fitness he’ll be very very good again. 

He's started the last three games. Sure match fitness can add a bit of extra sharpness but he's not just been slightly off it lately, he's been anonymous.

Â