Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Archer was on the bench?? He is in better form than watkins so makes much more sense.

JJ wasnt starting many games last ywar yet you criticised suggesting a loan! So your saying one thing for one player and then criticising another?

He played 25 games last season and only made his Premier League debut in December 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly. Bringing up a post from 12 months ago whwre i suggested a loan was writing him off. Some posters being over dramatic.

Its not like i said he is useless  or he wont make it here. None of these posters  saying how we needed to show patience tipped him to be as excellent as he has been.

Instead of us being happy he has grown to be a top player this year you get negativity brought in from pointless posts from 12 months ago

I just had a quick search and you did pretty much write him off on several occasions. Funnily enough most of the back and forth is between me and you as I was saying a bit more patience was needed and you were rashly writing him off. You disagreed of course. You're right though I didn't predict and quantify exactly how good he would be now. 

I told you so's don't matter, but I'd like to think you learn a lesson reading the below overreactions. You can see the raw anger in the typos as you desperately tried after the game to post as many criticisms of him, in as many threads, as quickly as possible. There are plenty more examples if you need more evidence.

Funnily enough you were utterly convinced Chukwuemeka was ready and should have been getting Ramsey's minutes. 

On 10/04/2021 at 17:43, Demitri_C said:

A brilliant idea that i havent said well done 👍 you love putting words in my mouth.

maybe we shouldnt have loaned out conor hourihane?? Or is that on smith either?

Just because ramsey has been lame doesng mean every youngster woll be like that.but of ciyrse you can see in the future and predict that they would all perform like ramsey

On 10/04/2021 at 17:50, Demitri_C said:

Yeah but according to afew posters because ramsey hasnt done well  the rest wouldnt which is ridiculous.

If ramsey is thw best we have god help us as none of them will make it. I dont believe for a second there isnt better prospects in the academy 

12 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I just had a quick search and you did pretty much write him off on several occasions. Funnily enough most of the back and forth is between me and you as I was saying a bit more patience was needed and you were rashly writing him off. You disagreed of course. You're right though I didn't predict and quantify exactly how good he would be now. 

I told you so's don't matter, but I'd like to think you learn a lesson reading the below overreactions. You can see the raw anger in the typos as you desperately tried after the game to post as many criticisms of him, in as many threads, as quickly as possible. There are plenty more examples if you need more evidence.

Funnily enough you were utterly convinced Chukwuemeka was ready and should have been getting Ramsey's minutes. 

The last post i will hold my hands up and say that as wrong but i think that may have been as we drew with west brom and i bet if i go back there are various posters who said he wasnt playing well. I was probably pissed off with the result. Dont tell me you havent done that? I remember one of league game he mad a collosal **** up that lead to a team winning the game.  Thats probably why i was irritated.

Smith wasnt playing him as far forward as he is now. I still maintain he wasnt that good last year.

Anyways its pointless turning this thread into a negative post about one of our hottest  prospects.i bet i could find posts from 12 months ago from various posters who said wrong things. Its just pointless and negative

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyways its pointless turning this thread into a negative post about one of our hottest  prospects.i bet i could find posts from 12 months ago from various posters who said wrong things. Its just pointless and negative

Amen. Let's stop the bickering and celebrate this amazingly talented player we seem to have unearthed. 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The last post i will hold my hands up and say that as wrong but i think that may have been as we drew with west brom and i bet if i go back there are various posters who said he wasnt playing well. I was probably pissed off with the result. Dont tell me you havent done that? I remember one of league game he mad a collosal **** up that lead to a team winning the game.  Thats probably why i was irritated.

Smith wasnt playing him as far forward as he is now. I still maintain he wasnt that good last year.

Fair enough.

I actually don't think I have done that as I try very specifically to avoid posting in anger as I know it will come back to bite me! Particularly with young players who need understanding and will make mistakes.

I'll have to disagree on how he was being played. I think that's pretty revisionist. He's not starting any further forward now, it's all about the runs from midfield dragging the whole team up the pitch, which he started doing more under Smith this season. To me it's obvious this is simply because he has more confidence.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Amen. Let's stop the bickering and celebrate this amazingly talented player we seem to have unearthed. 

I'm not bickering, I just wont let someone rewrite history to say it surprised us all. Lots of us could see he was talented and were telling this very poster the same at the time!

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The dates actually were from a last minute loss at Anfield to the Premier League Champions 😂

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not from me, I’m never wrong ;) Apart from when I backed Sherwood. Wow what I was thinking!?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not from me, I’m never wrong ;) Apart from when I backed Sherwood. Wow what I was thinking!?

Guilty as charged. I told my Dad after the Liverpool semi we would be in the mix for top six season after 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Archer was on the bench?? He is in better form than watkins so makes much more sense.

JJ wasnt starting many games last ywar yet you criticised suggesting a loan! So your saying one thing for one player and then criticising another?

Archer was on the bench for us yes!?JJ wad getting mins though and starts , getting introduced slowly to first team football! Archer wasn’t getting any , I have no problem sending players on loan. Would you have preferred Lansbury ahed of JJ? 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Me too! We’re all idiots. 

My boss came down to London in January, told everyone we were about to sign Suarez, he'd score 15+ and we would be pushing for top 4 come the end of this season.

Then he **** off back to Birmingham and left me to take the stick from a load of Arsenal fans for his shit opinions.

• Haha 4

I was thinking last night, bellingham was tearing up the championship and was being hyped as a huge star. l appreciate ramsey is slightly older but JJs doing it at a higher level than bellingham was before he went Dortmund. If he consistently performs like this he will be worth more than bellingham.

Someone quote me on this in 2-3 years see if right or wrong 😉

Edited by Demitri_C

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I was thinking last night, bellingham was tearing up the championship and was being hyped as a huge star. l appreciate ramsey is slightly older but JJs doing it at a higher level than bellingham was before he went Dortmund. If he consistently performs like this he will be worth more than bellingham.

Someone quote me on this in 2-3 years see if right or wrong 😉

I'm not going to criticise for someone showing optimism*, even if I disagree!

The only reason I engaged on this was because I think it's important for people to remember, as I'm currently reading lots of criticism of our other youth players, it wasn't long ago one of our best performers was getting the same.

I also have no problem with 'I don't see it' type posts, I just think it's a shame when you do read insults posted in the heat of the moment.

* on here. American waiters are fair game.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

Â