• Jonathan Kodjia
    • Tammy Abraham
    • Yannick Bolasie (for Adomah, 73)
    • Scott Hogan (for Abraham, 81)
    • Glenn Whelan (for Grealish, 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/11/18 at 23:59

I thought the performance was not convincing and Bolton could of been at least level at HT, second half we seen it out, we need to be far better, Bolton are a woeful team in freefall, unconvincing imo. 

Edited by fifamad

Entertaining match. Sustained pressure. Controlled possession.

We all see things differently over a 90 minute football match but those are 3 things I can’t remember getting from Bruce since that Wolves game, the signs are positive.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, fifamad said:

I thought the performance was not convincing and Bolton could of been at least level at HT, second half we seen it out, we need to be far better, Bolton are a woeful team in freefall, unconvincing imo. 

Some proper games coming up, so we shall see how we hold ourselves against some of the better teams in the league. 

Referee will get away with it because we won and everyone went home happy but again, it was another laughable performance. Every gust of wind that hit a Bolton player was a free kick. It was embarrassing.

Bolton knew what they were doing, and it was a good gameplan. Win free kicks and put ball into box. Goalkeeper is a sunday league clown.

On another day they would have scored a couple.

Extremely happy to start the weekend off with 3 points and hopefully tomorrow a few of the other results go our way.

Actually thought we played better against QPR than we did tonight, this was a bit of a mixed bag for me, started well, but could have been level at HT, had a good spell second half where we could have hit 3 or 4 then saw the game out well.

Chester MOTM for me, he needed that performance to give him a bit of a lift, ably supported by Tuanzebe who also showed more promise, with Grealish instrumental in both goals. 

Highlight for me though was listening to Dean Smith honest post match verdict, really refreshing to hear, I think we've got a good one here lads!

• Like 2

I think the manager getting a full week with the players showed tonight. There's still a lot of work to do, but you can see we are better tactically. We could of scored 4 or 5, but they also could have scored 1 or 2. We look a threat going forward from both touch lines and through the middle, even if the last pass or touch is still going astray. THe back 4 look a lot better, although looked exposed a couple of times, maybe the manager plays a DM in front when we are away from home. There's small improvement each week and that should continue, very promising.

Great to win. We simply needed those three points. Fully deserved. Chester stepped up and did great. That clearance was nothing short of incredible. We’re still shakey at the back but that’s not something new and something we need to work on. But we defended well second half. Tuanzebe is getting better all the time and looks more settled. McGinn was fantastic throughout. Absolutely love him. Grealish was great too. Can’t stand Kodjia, he can have a moment of brilliance but most of the time he’s absolutely woeful and doesn’t have a brain. Taylor and Hutton not good enough atall really. Keeper is an utter liability. Haven’t trusted him from the start. I think Smith recognises this and will make a change in January. We still perpetually allow the opposition decent chances and I feel better opposition would have punished us for sure. 

Needed the win. Especially with tough games ahead. We’re far from comfortable defensively but we’re playing in much more of a positive and entertaining way, the way I hoped (and expected) under our manager. Next few games will be an almighty test and it’s a great shame Smith wasn’t afforded the “luxury” of the previous fixtures we’ve had to date as I’m absolutely certain we would’ve taken full points from the likes of Reading, Ipswich and Preston. But the past is in the past and we’re growing in confidence, have a shape about us now along with a plan and style of play that suits our players’ capabilities. Big test over the next couple of months but we’re all backing Smith, we’re all behind the boys and feeling united as a fan base. That will help us I’m sure. If we can stay in and around the hunt for playoffs through the remainder of the year then hopefully we can be a well oiled ship ready to make an assent and a big push from there. 

• Like 1

Â