Dean Smith

Demitri_C

48 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t know if this is sarcasm or not, he is a very good talent 

Definitely NOT sarcasm!  Have seen him play quite a few times.  I know it's a 'step up' but I think he would be fine in the championship.  No doubt JT will know him quite well from last season. I say, give him a go!

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Disagree, you can lose a game and still be the better team, the fact we had to score a late goal is irrelevant. 

We dominated most of the game save for a 15-20 minute period in the second half. 

To say otherwise is revisionism. 

I don't disagree that we "dominated" per se. like I said we had most of the ball and put most of the pressure on their final third. But domination =/= playing a team off the park if you don't do anything with all that possession.

My point was that for all of our domination, Brentford had almost all of the chances. All you have to do is just look at the goals both teams scored. As usual we relied on individual brilliance and a header from a deep hopeful cross, whereas their goals came from incisive passing football, and were team goals.  If you don't believe my recount of proceedings, here's the match summary from whoscored.com.

yqW2nmn.png

Frankly I think it's disrespectful to use that game as any sort of counterpoint to DS' abilities. It does him a huge disservice as on the day they were the better side anyway.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

So we're now a mid table team, with some real weaknesses and some major strengths, but IMO a team that lets in so many goals as we do will not get anywhere near going up. We have no decent goalkeeper, no decent left back, one centre half and a promising loanee. That just isn't promotion material.

Bit harsh that. We make one good signing in the January (a CB) and we're one of the best teams in the league.

32 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Don’t forget before he joined us he played 1/2 a season for Bury in League 1. 

Yes, I have seen quite alot of him and he always looked comfortable. Given that we are nearer league 1 than the PL at present, I say give him a go....certainly an upgrade on the Jed imo

Edited by westholmevillan
Spelling
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, westholmevillan said:

Based on my opinion....that's if I'm allowed one of course? ?

Of course you are,  but it’s a discussion site, you’re meant to discuss things. You made a very sweeping statement saying he’s ready for the first team. Have you seen him play? What are his attributes? 

14 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Of course you are,  but it’s a discussion site, you’re meant to discuss things. You made a very sweeping statement saying he’s ready for the first team. Have you seen him play? What are his attributes? 

If you looked at my other 2 posts on the subject of Bedeau you will see that I have watched him play several times and that's why my opinion is based on.

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

What concern me the most is our lack of centre backs. 

We have Chester, Tuanzebe and who else? Jedinak....

Why the f*** did we let Elphick go? Total senseless

"Unprepared"

• Like 2

Dean Smith is coming in at almost the same time as Steve Bruce did in 2016.

I am not interested in comparing them......but lets give the bloke a chance and support him.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

Dean Smith is coming in at almost the same time as Steve Bruce did in 2016.

I am not interested in comparing them......but lets give the bloke a chance and support him.

Bruce should have been fired for not making the playoffs in 2016.

Dean Smith will garner a huge black eye if we don't make the playoffs. Pressure... bah, opportunity! UTV!!

7 minutes ago, villakram said:

Bruce should have been fired for not making the playoffs in 2016.

Dean Smith will garner a huge black eye if we don't make the playoffs. Pressure... bah, opportunity! UTV!!

2 black eyes, like your profile pic?

• Like 1

Â