Dean Smith

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think they'll go all in for Potter.

As I said last week there's still plenty to play for DS. He wins another 3 games and keeps Leicester up and suddenly that would be 4 in 8 games so he should then be a viable option for someone like Crystal Palace, that would actually be a decent fit imo given the crop of young players they have and style they wanted to implement under Vieria. 

Either way, if keeps them up, he's a live manager. 

I was talking to a mate a few weeks ago and i remember saying, if he had bought a CDM he would have lasted longer.

I think Terry is important to him. He really struggled losing that backroom team.

This Leicester squad might be the best squad he's had. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Think they'll go all in for Potter.

As I said last week there's still plenty to play for DS. He wins another 3 games and keeps Leicester up and suddenly that would be 4 in 8 games so he should then be a viable option for someone like Crystal Palace, that would actually be a decent fit imo given the crop of young players they have and style they wanted to implement under Vieria. 

Has Potter done more than Smith in the Premier League.

I cant imagine the win records are far apart considering Smith managed Norwich and our survival season

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Oaks said:

I was talking to a mate a few weeks ago and i remember saying, if he had bought a CDM he would have lasted longer.

I think Terry is important to him. He really struggled losing that backroom team.

This Leicester squad might be the best squad he's had. 

It won't be for much longer.

Interested he's started Tielemans again and made him captain but he's still leaving on a free in the summer and Maddison will go aswell with one year left on his deal.

I think they'll be down in bottom six again next season so could be deja vu from Grealish going as not like they have endless quality in other positions. 

Keep them up and his stock will be much higher so might not be a bad decision to leave of his own accord rather than stay on and get sacked in November if they're barely above bottom 3.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I watched this back :D 

Love the part where he says we'll try to finish first.

He was so positive and attack minded. Great times.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, catanzaro said:

Is it me, but he’s just not the same without ROK

He took Shakespeare with him to Norwich so seems happy enough working with him for duration of his managerial career now.

Terry going back hasn't been justified given how they've defended today and also last week v Everton.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He's lost a bit of respect for me, taking on relegation Jobs. Seems to like the money a bit to much living the dream. I mean it wasn't to long ago he was managing Walsall fc on £45k a year.

And why shouldn’t he? He’s worked a long time at lower levels of football, he then succeeded in getting his team to the premier league. If he’s offered the chance to earn more, he’d be stupid not to take it, we all would. He backs himself to keep them up. 

• Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

but he's a football manager? that's what he does for a living. he gets offered the job as a football manager for a PL club, why would he turn it down?

Could have waited for something better, test his skills. Instead seems to take the first job he's offered.

Took the Norwich job a week after being sacked by Villa, when he should have just had a bit of time off and spent Christmas with his family with the 2 mill he pocketed from the parting company with us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Could have waited for something better, test his skills. Instead seems to take the first job he's offered.

Took the Norwich job a week after being sacked by Villa, when he should have just had a bit of time off and spent Christmas with his family with the 2 mill he pocketed from the parting company with us. 

Leicester was logical. Local for him, win a couple of games and he'd get a nice bonus like Big Sam will get at Leeds and their squad isn't abysmal like Norwich was. Would also put him in the frame for future prem jobs.

I'm not sure what better jobs he could seriously be in contention for at prem level?

I think his next move needs to be solid championship club where promotion isn't obsessed about and he'll get time to build the club up like he did at Brentford. Think Bristol City feels the best fit there given they bring through some decent young players most seasons, maybe Blackburn aswell.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

realistically, what is a better level that he could get a job at? i think a lower end PL team is about as high as he's likely to be offered

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

realistically, what is a better level that he could get a job at? i think a lower end PL team is about as high as he's likely to be offered

Maybe, wouldn't have needed to be a relegation candidate though. Norwich killed him, left Villa with a fairly good rep.

20 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Maybe, wouldn't have needed to be a relegation candidate though. Norwich killed him, left Villa with a fairly good rep.

He wouldn't have got a better job than Norwich or Leicester. He's a championship level manager. 

• Like 1

Â