Dean Smith

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Which is why the board have stated that it is not the be all and end all for THIS season.

Maybe so JV and maybe it's my frustrations of witnessing the last few years of overall crap from what this club has gone through that is getting the better of me in my judgement of this present time perhaps, added with a slight dose of impatience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Maybe so JV and maybe it's my frustrations of witnessing the last few years of overall crap from what this club has gone through that is getting the better of me in my judgement of this present time perhaps, added with a slight dose of impatience.

Oh trust me I was there.

Again it's why when we were flying I was telling people to temper expectations.

As pissed off as I am after games like the last one, I have to take a million deep breaths and be objective.

Sadly we missed our windows of opportunity for quick promotion.

If we had the owners we did as soon as we got the drop and started the build correctly we would more than likely be currently slagging off the manager for not being able to push us into PL top 10, instead of this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh trust me I was there.

Again it's why when we were flying I was telling people to temper expectations.

As pissed off as I am after games like the last one, I have to take a million deep breaths and be objective.

Sadly we missed our windows of opportunity for quick promotion.

If we had the owners we did as soon as we got the drop and started the build correctly we would more than likely be currently slagging off the manager for not being able to push us into PL top 10, instead of this.

Correct.

Instead we inherited Xia liar, bum's on fire and we almost lost the club altogether.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

27 minutes ago, briny_ear said:
1 hour ago, sne said:

Still better than the 27% Bruce had with us this season with this squad, but yeah.

It's far from good enough.

And indeed better - just - than the 31% that Bruce actually achieved (well, 30.7 if you’re really quibbling).

Still, we’re all agreed it’s not good enough.

Seriously.

Bruce's win percentage is exactly 25%. 3 wins from 12 games. Are we throwing darts to get the win %?

2 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

Seriously.

Bruce's win percentage is exactly 25%. 3 wins from 12 games. Are we throwing darts to get the win %?

He was sacked before the 12th game if I remember correctly?

And Smith wasn't in charge until game 13

so the loss against Millwall, I guess you can pen it on Bruce, but he wasn't on the bench.

Edited by sne

1 minute ago, sne said:

so the loss against Millwall, I guess you can pen it on Bruce, but he wasn't on the bench.

Then I stand corrected, and jolly good, good sir your 27% is correct.

Back in my box for me. 

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

By which your hopes of a promotion are already dashed by that time.

possibly so, yes.

10-12 years of demise, isn't going away in a short spell.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, sne said:

I am not sure when you can realistically say its no longer a previous managers fault.....I guess it depends on what aspect of his job the reference is to.

I cast my mind back to Ron Saunders claim, when he left.....He said " This team will run itself for 12 months", such was the discipline and organisation of the players.

When Martin O'Neill left we went on to lose 6-0 in the next game away to Newcastle...IIRC

I think after c6 months "the previous manager" claim wears a bit thin.

Edited by TRO

29 minutes ago, sne said:

Anyone able to compare Bruce and Smith's results for games that Grealish and Tuanzebe were available for?  

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not sure when you can realistically say its no longer a previous managers fault.....I guess it depends of what aspect of his job the reference is to.

I cast my mind back to Ron Saunders claim, when he left.....He said " This team will run itself for 12 months", such was the discipline and organisation of the players.

When Martin O'Neill left we went on to lose 6-0 in the next game away to Newcastle...IIRC

I think after c6 months "the previous manager" claim wears a bit thin.

I've no idea, think it differs from case to case, club to club and manager to manager. 

The amount of time said manager has at the club obviously is a big part in it.

Think it's pretty safe to say that this current squad with it's strengths and weaknesses was were much shaped by Bruce.

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Anyone able to compare Bruce and Smith's results for games that Grealish and Tuanzebe were available for?  

Since it's Friday night I'll leave that to someone else :D 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Doesn't really make any difference does it. Too may other variables and players in/out of the team/form. Abraham didn't sign until the 6th game of the season, Nyland was in goal for the most part and throwing them in for fun. etc etc

As mentioned many times already Grealish only started 19 games last season, We didn't do too badly really and probably should have gone up.

He has already started 21 this year and hasn't been great for most of it. Hell our own fans on here haven't even voted him in the top 3 players of match threads in 11 of those games and he has only been picked as man of the match or 2nd place 5 times.

Edited by LakotaDakota

28 minutes ago, sne said:

I've no idea, think it differs from case to case, club to club and manager to manager. 

The amount of time said manager has at the club obviously is a big part in it.

Think it's pretty safe to say that this current squad with it's strengths and weaknesses was were much shaped by Bruce.

yeah, that's fair.

maybe the replacements for Terry, Snodgrass and Johnstone was too late to fix...In terms of no money to do so.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

yeah, that's fair.

maybe the replacements for Terry, Snodgrass and Johnstone was too late to fix.

For me it's the short term thinking during his tenure here and the negligence of the defense this season that has the biggest bearing on where we are now.

These things will haunt of this season, and the next as well. 

• Like 1

Â