Contracts (Squad list)

Hornso

Maybe it’s just me but I’d actually like us to keep Hourihane for another season or two. Yeah he won’t start every game but he still has something to offer in my opinion. Although to be fair he will probably be offered a better deal elsewhere and probably his last one too so can’t really blame him if moves on. Not too bothered about the rest. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Maybe it’s just me but I’d actually like us to keep Hourihane for another season or two. Yeah he won’t start every game but he still has something to offer in my opinion. Although to be fair he will probably be offered a better deal elsewhere and probably his last one too so can’t really blame him if moves on. Not too bothered about the rest. 

I reckon he's a great character to have a round as well. He doesn't let people slack off.

On 06/10/2020 at 08:32, Junxs said:

Yeah, apparently they look at the age of the player 1st January in the calendar year which makes no sense, but that's how it works 

Assuming same rules as last season, need to be born 1999 or later to be classed as U21 this season. Luiz and Davis born 1998 so need to be registered as part of the 25.

13 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Can't believe we gave Kalinic a 5 year contract. Why hasn't he gone out on loan this season?

I know. It feels like it was only a month or two after the purchase before everybody knew this transfer was doomed to not work out. I don’t know why he hasn’t gone on loan, even if we are still paying 80% of his wages that is still some money off the books.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

disclaimer - not sure how accurate.

cont.JPG

I would have to question the accuracy. I know he loves the club but I'm pretty sure we pay Jack more than zero. 🙂

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 3

I read Watkins was asking for £70k/w and I know we was talking to Spurs before he signed with us but it seems a lot to be chucking around £70k/w to 2 unproven Championship players straight away.

Hope it's not correct but if they perform on the pitch it will be worth it as long as the club can afford it.

• Like 1

£70k is about average for a reasonable Premier league footballer. Squad player in a top six side would be on six figures,  starting player on twice that and increasingly a star will be on three hundred thousand a week. I think £70k a week is perfectly reasonable for Watkins.*

*Even though it's obviously insane outside of the filthy madness of football.

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I think mainly it is because he is complete garbage and earning 5 times his market value.

He isn’t garbage, he’s a Croatian international, I remember seeing him play for Croatia in the Nation’s League, he looked immense. I accept that it is probably too late for him to make it with us now

On 06/10/2020 at 01:56, mjmooney said:

Christ, is Douglas only 22? He plays with the assurance of a much more experienced player. 

This is by far the most shocking thing for me in this thread.

Absolutely worldy of a signing.

8 hours ago, Cizzler said:

Didn’t we sign Guilbert whilst we were in the Championship? Seriously doubt we made him our highest earner/ stuck him on £40k p/week if so

i would guess a large portion of the players who were with us in the champ had a promotion salary increase clause.

Im 99% sure McCormack did, as well as Lansbury......probably a lot of them did tbh, including Guilbert.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i would guess a large portion of the players who were with us in the champ had a promotion salary increase clause.

Im 99% sure McCormack did, as well as Lansbury......probably a lot of them did tbh, including Guilbert.

Would be some deal by Guilbert's agent if he inserted a promotion pay hike for a player who didn't join until the season was over. Not impossible I guess.

8 hours ago, sne said:

Would be some deal by Guilbert's agent if he inserted a promotion pay hike for a player who didn't join until the season was over. Not impossible I guess.

well, i guess maybe they were expecting us to still be in the champ the following season, so a 4 year contract with a promotion clause (promotion possibly expected to be within that contract length), is pretty logical tbh?

Just so happens we got promoted the first season (half season) he joined? (but was on re-loan)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He isn’t garbage, he’s a Croatian international, I remember seeing him play for Croatia in the Nation’s League, he looked immense. I accept that it is probably too late for him to make it with us now

He conceded 10 goals in 3 Nations League games and made 8 saves for Croatia

Edited by Zatman

Â